PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Honest question

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Default Honest question

When do we say enough is enough to hilljob? This is becoming his personal Selling space.......I'm not bieng a dik, I think he's a good guy...but we don't allow others to post for sale stuff like that unless he is a paying advertiser...correct? There are paying advertisers here that sell basically the samelightbar that he made (made by realwheels).

While we are on the subject.....why would anyone pay him $270 for one when you can get one made by a major company with a written warrenty for like $40 more? When he started the lightbar build he had the price set at $150...GREAT BUY!!! But it slowly krept up as he improved his design (or saw that there was interest in them and saw the chance to make extra $$$), now he is $40 (ballpark) off of the price of a real wheels built light bar....no bargain IMO.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Honest question

IK I have been thinking this for a while. I might say he could continue on, tone it way down, and anything offered for sale should NOT be in the general forums!!! KEEP IT in the trade/classifieds.
The other thing, somebody says.....here is a pic of a left wing nut I saw on ebay/trail duty blah blah............ He pipes in and says I can make ya one way cheaper, just let me know.....
Well, I can make friggin anything, I'm not here looking to do what he is???I think a tastefulsuggestion that selling, of any kind,is forbiden in the General forums, use the trade/classifieds, and look in to hooking up thru admin if he wants to advertise.
I'm on the same page IK.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:57 AM

at least I'm not the only one. I didn't want to come across as a dik, but the bottom line is that this is kept running because of our paying sponsors, if they all pull out our forum will shut down.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:38 AM

He is starting to go overboard.

Keep him in the trade/classifieds.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator

Let's see what some others have to say, then we can have MuddyD set him straight.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:11 AM

it honestly never bothered me one way or the other, but i kinda lean towards impy (he has his own gravity ). the trade/classified section is the place for this. but, since he doesn't make anything i can use, i tend to ignore his posts on that stuff.

Old 12-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

He offered to be a paying advertiser in a way... which is why I brought up the raffle thing... he said he would like to donate products... he is a contributer (more than I can say for me)...

I don't think it is too much to ask for him to keep it in the classifieds now that he has the attention of the site.... and I haven't kept up with the prices... last I saw he was doing $400-500 lightbars for 200 shipped....

It doesn't bother me... I like the guy... I like his stuff... but I don't focus on the H3 forum so I don't know if he is going overboard... but anyways....so I'll go with the majority decision/Patrick....

Old 12-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

I went back and looked at all of the threads he has posted about it... his inital price he estimated at 175 + shipping.... then when he was finished he said $200 + shipping... now I see the thread you are talking about.... and he is offering $35 off.... for a total of $240 shipped....

I think the latest thread should have gone in classifieds... as well as his ebay thread.... I don;t see an issue with the other two when he was creating them...

as for the paying part.... that isn't my call... but he has offered something... and not expected a freebie...

Old 12-19-2007, 03:24 PM

I just mentioned the price thing as a personal rant...cause I think he is taking advantage of our members interest in his product by raising his prices as interest grows....it had nothing to do with my main point of thread. My main point is that in the past we NEVER let things like this even start...we allowed it with hilly but instead of making it a one time thing he is starting to go overboard IMO.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

that's what I mean.... he didn't raise the price until the first one was finished... and it hasn't changed except for what he put on fleabay.

Quick Reply: Honest question