PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hitting 300HP w/2007 H3

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Default RE: Hitting 300HP w/2007 H3

As far as the specs and tuningon the dyno used I couldn't begin to tell you, it's out of my knowledge/understanding ... The truck was not dynoed inbetween each of the mods, FIPK, headers, catback .. it was dynoed before and after. I later had an aftermarket tune job, dynoed again, and finally added the spacer and dynoed again ... out of said mods .. spacer showed up as more or less zero, nada, zilch ... I've personally never heard of anyone who has installed and dynoed it actually getting any kind of performance increase worth mentioning ..

The Avalanche estimated curb weight is about 5,600 for the 2WD which is what I had and just over 5,700 for the 4WD. There may be some differences between new/old body style but I'd say that's fairly close. Add to it I was running 24's, extra battery + secondary alternator and I'd say I wasright around6K on the weight .. not too far fetched from my H2 ...

Old 01-29-2007, 08:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Hunner

Yea that is why I was showing the range they claim without specifics. I was a little concerned about the cat because I only had about1500 miles on it when I did the exhaust.I was not sure about the effects or what to do about the O2 sensor. We do not have safety inspections here anymore but I was worried about emissions if they started again. Its a little different in the real world conditions. If you just go for the low or middle claim on most they can add up a little at a time. Its hard to take the time with each one and dyno them. I played with that on my Cummins and it was interesting.
This is the only shot up close I have. It has all kinds of cuts in it. They hada fewmore, ha ha.
You will see they gave me the stats for the actual dyno results on the I5 in a Colorado not the general stats on the site. I like these guys. Back in 95 they also did my Cummins in exchange for using it as a test bed. Its fun when you get all this education and are in on it from the start. CHP thanks for your input on the PCM I bought one outright and kept my stock one to play with and for backup. Alvin and I had a nice discussion and plugged in my profile of drivingand it was obvious immediatly. I still need to get the CASE relearn done.
I misunderstood you. I thought you had a modifed throttle body. I did a home port on mine. I don't have a TB spacer.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:47 PM

Ok, I found some waylayed notes and my rpms are still real close to back when it was stock. My tires I have now claim 33.1 and the Bridgestones show 33 even. Very little difference. I was having trouble understanding like was painfully pointed out to me why there seemed to be a difference. I know all those things should not have made a difference in rpms but it was starting to look that way so I was confused, glad you guys are keeping me straight. I ground out some SU carbs on MGB and Triumpsbut I think I will leave thethrottle body aloneon the Hummer. Did you just sort of port and polish?
About the Avalanche, my H3 weighs 5640 with all the "stuff" I have added and I was wondering the comparison. I guess little gains just don't show up with the variables that can occur in testing. Interesting. (SOP seat o pants dyno)

Old 01-29-2007, 11:39 PM

About the TB: I reshaped the inlet and outlet and then polished it. The back of the stock TB needs the most work.