PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

HID Light Question (H3)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Default RE: HID Light Question (H3)

ORIGINAL: Djox

Can these be instaled on H3 06... are these just plug an play or i need to slice the wires ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...236150355&

[align=left] [/align]
Those are just HID lookalikes. They are actually CRAP, and are in no way a substitute for a real HID kit.

I, myself installed a 10,000k HID plug and play kit, which is illegal because it is housed in the reflector lens. If you are looking for a legal HID kit, check out Starr HID. They overcharge way too much in my eyes, so that is why I went with the ebay kit.

Old 12-26-2008, 05:36 PM

does anyone have some install picts of their HID kit? I went with the 10k kit, and after hooking everything up, only the passenger side light comes on. i swapped lights to make sure the light wasn't defective and it came on.. so i know both bulbs are good. i'm not sure what i'm missing here!

Old 12-27-2008, 05:19 PM

ORIGINAL: AMG55

Do you have pictures of the black ones?

Do they come with relays?

Are they self-leveling?

Thank You,
Here is a picture of my STARR HID projection system with the black housings
These are legal HID lights and should not be confused with the HID "kits" you see for allot less money
Those retro kits are illegal and cops can spot these lights because of the high mount of dazzle they produce

Old 12-28-2008, 03:45 AM

If you want a cheaper illegal kit go to www.fashtek.com. At least you have the option for a 35w or 50w ballast. you can also pick bulb color from 3k-12k. If it's not listed call and ask and they will be more than happy to help you. I have the 50w ballasts for my foglights & lower grille lights. I had these for my headlights but got tired of using my fogs cuz the headlights were to bright, so I finally got the STARR HID for them. It's to bad STARR doesn't come in a 50w cuz my fogs are still brighter.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:35 AM

ORIGINAL: empoer sztoid

If you want a cheaper illegal kit go to www.fashtek.com. At least you have the option for a 35w or 50w ballast. you can also pick bulb color from 3k-12k. If it's not listed call and ask and they will be more than happy to help you. I have the 50w ballasts for my foglights & lower grille lights. I had these for my headlights but got tired of using my fogs cuz the headlights were to bright, so I finally got the STARR HID for them. It's to bad STARR doesn't come in a 50w cuz my fogs are still brighter.
Actually you can use a 50W ballast on those lights (D1S bulbs) but it will shorten the life of the bulb
The current 35W system with the D1S bulbs puts out about 3200 lumens, which is a lot of light
If you want you can contact Fred at STARR, he will be glad to give you more
detailed information http://starrhid.com

Old 12-28-2008, 09:49 AM

One last thing about legal a HID light systems like the STARR lights for the H3.
If you knew the engineering that goes into these HID housings and the projection system
you really wouldn't complain about the $899.00 cost.
In order to be DOT certified these lights have certain standards and specifications to adhere too.
OEM HID lights on many US and European automobiles are about the same cost when ordered as an option
That alone should indicate the costs are in the same ball park

The HID "kits" found online are just HID bulbs placed in the existing halogen housing and have no control
over the excessive dazzle produced by not having the correct light housing.
They do come with ballast, ignitors and harness and usually sell for allot less than a legal system
This all requires a little home work from people who are serious about legal HID's as an upgrade

Old 01-06-2009, 12:27 AM

does anyone know where i can get xenon kit for less than 700$ ???

Old 01-06-2009, 12:36 PM

ORIGINAL: 3bo0odi

does anyone know where i can get xenon kit for less than 700$ ???
Almost any where online, but they are illegal and cause way too much dazzle.
Most cops are very hip to these "retro kit" lights, so be prepared to be stopped and ticketed.
Bottom line, you get get what you pay for. You want cheap, then buy cheap.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:16 PM

If interested there is less than 1 day to bid on ebay for the following:

Hummer H3 Headlamp HID System Bi-Xenon Kit
Item number: 180317681065
CHeck these lights out, half the price of other internet offers, be the new king of the road, complete kit $499.

Best Regards,
Jason

Old 01-07-2009, 11:19 PM

I do have the Starr Kit on ebay right now for $499. Great light, less than 1 day left.

Quick Reply: HID Light Question (H3)