PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

HID Light Question (H3)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Default HID Light Question (H3)

Hello I tried to use the search but cant really get a straight answerer. I am interested in getting a HID light setup for my headlights. I know I need some sort conversion kit. How do I know witch one I need. Can anyone give me an address or part number?
thanks

Old 05-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Default RE: HID Light Question (H3)

I have HID, what kinda convertion kit are you talking about? All you need to do is buy H13 (bulb size) HID kit. It will be almost completly plug and play except for the plug that goes into the headlight, that will need to be crimped or spliced. Also you will lose your high beam, unless they make a dual light setup now, HID for regular beam and halogen high beam....they didn't make it for h13 when I bought mine, don't know if they do now or not.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:55 PM

Just a heads up...I had a HID conversion kit on my Avalanche, the light is better/brighter but the beam pattern was kinda funky. Reflector headlights like on the avalanche and H3 are not made for HID so it did not provide smooth and even light dispersion, they work best in projector headlights. I dont know how it looks in the H3, it may look good, importkiller could probably tell you that since he has them.As for installation its a piece of cake, plug and play, ebay has a bunch of kits.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2273/4501ADD0FF324DC69546AA2F2449CFFD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-16-2007, 02:30 PM

Is there a projector headlights conversion kit out there for the H3?

I've stuffed a pair of D2R bulbs into an H4 housing before (Jeep Cherokee). I think I must've pissed a lot of people off with the glare, yet the lights were still pretty pathetic compared to OE-spec HIDs.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:32 PM

its really easy as importkiller says the bulb is an h13. I change them on mine, since where I installed them, they told me that the h13 doesnt work really good. they told me that an h4 will look better, so I install the h4, but I have to drill inside the light, not recommended. severeal problems after that. about the light it looks really nice I have HID 8K on my headlights, fog lights, and off road roof light bar. when all are on, man it looks like if you were during the day, you can see all. in total I have 8 HID 8K bulbs working

Old 05-16-2007, 03:52 PM

http://hummerpartsclub.com/Merchant2...oduct_Count=24

Here's a conversion kit. They ain't cheap, and I don't know anyone who's installed them. No idea if they have a high beam or just low. But it's the only complete swap I've seen. Other sites have it for about $100 more, so that's not a bad price either. If mine wasn't a lease, I might think about it a little more.

Old 05-16-2007, 05:09 PM

I love my HID lights in the h3, no problems at all. Light is bright and goes way farther than any halogen will. I have no problem with the beam pattern excapt that I had to adjust the headlights down some just to save oncoming cars. I would absolutely recommend the HID lights to anyone. Only problem is like I said, the h13 light bulb that our h3's use is new and there is still a patent on the plug...so where the hid kit plugs into the original plug (that plugs into the original bulb) you will not have a plug for that connector. Instead you will have to splice the wires together...at east this was the case when I installed mine.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:29 PM

ORIGINAL: JDJoe

http://hummerpartsclub.com/Merchant2...oduct_Count=24

Here's a conversion kit. They ain't cheap, and I don't know anyone who's installed them. No idea if they have a high beam or just low. But it's the only complete swap I've seen. Other sites have it for about $100 more, so that's not a bad price either. If mine wasn't a lease, I might think about it a little more.

Oh wow. those look really nice. They do have high beams (Bi-Xenons). I almost bought a set similar to those for my Jeep - but that beater wasn't worth spicing up.

I'd get the black one with black (body-colored) grille to keep the round headlights look.Good price I must say...

Thanks for the link - they got a lot of neat accessories

Old 05-17-2007, 04:19 AM

No problem with the beam pattern with the HID headlights in the stock reflectors. They blow away the best halogen bulbs. Once you go HID, you'll never go back!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1191/0260ECCFE86541DBAF4212A790EF95A7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-17-2007, 09:51 AM

Cool thanks guys

Quick Reply: HID Light Question (H3)