PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

HID Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Default HID Install

Just some pics I took today of the HID install I did today. I haven't been a big fan of the bug eye look projector HID's so I figured for $89 shipped I'd give these a try and see how they go. So far they seem to be OK.

I also did some testing with line voltage at the factory headlight plug. Some of the kits recommend a separate relay harness if the voltage is low. Other vehicles I've had have shown up to a 2 volt difference at the light socket .vs at the battery. The H2 was exactly the same voltage at the headlight as it was at the battery.

Figured I'd post some pics for others that may be interested in doing the same mod. Total time was about 15 minutes.

Factory #1

Factory left, HID right

HID #1

HID #2

Install before #1

Install before #2

HID Install #1

HID Install #2

HID Install #3

HID Install #4

[/align]

Old 12-21-2007, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: HID Install

Nice install pictures....

are those boxes sealed?? You get a lot of water in that area when you wash the hood....

Old 12-21-2007, 04:21 PM

The boxes are sealed, and when trying to decide on a location to mount them, I actually took it out and washed it the other day to specifically look for the cleanest, and most dry area. These are mounted up above the headlights and I didn't get any water there. I also tried driving through standing water to see what splash effect would get up there and it was pretty clean.

The only other area I could see to mount them was on top of the radiator support that runs from side to side, but this was a water collecting area I found.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:26 PM

Looks Good!!!

Old 12-22-2007, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: sbrennan007

The boxes are sealed, and when trying to decide on a location to mount them, I actually took it out and washed it the other day to specifically look for the cleanest, and most dry area. These are mounted up above the headlights and I didn't get any water there. I also tried driving through standing water to see what splash effect would get up there and it was pretty clean.

The only other area I could see to mount them was on top of the radiator support that runs from side to side, but this was a water collecting area I found.
Great.... well done.... Now you have to take it out on a dark country road to see if you can still see the deer eyes as easy...