PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

hi , i am new here, need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Default hi , i am new here, need some advice

hi there:

I am a international college student. at home(China) the price for a h3 can go as much as 150k usd, the cheapest i have seen so far is like 100k usd.(TAX+insance profit). so the hummer sale looks like a really great deal to me.I saw this brand new h3 base which was priced 30k . after diso**** its only like 22k usd. I am not rich, so even at 22k, its still a big deal for me. and I really dont need a car right now since school is right next to where I live. I would like to ask if 22k is really a great price. can it be cheaper? and how much would it be after tax..etc. I am not familar with the US system. and how much doI expect to pay for insurance and maintainance? are there things I should be ware of when dealing with the dealer?

thx for your help
best regards

Old 09-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Default RE: hi , i am new here, need some advice

and its a red h3, I liek flashy colour, but I dont want trouble. would that h3 give me any unwanted attention? I live in san francisco... i am not sur ehow safe the place is

Old 09-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

Never been to Frisco, cannot help you there. 22K is a pretty darn good price for a new 3, but you must be rich because when I was in college I drove an old $400.00 Oldsmobile that nobody ever messed with?

On a new 3 there would not be much in maintenance, the new car warranty will cover any problems for 5yrs 100K miles. Call an insurance agent for a quote.

Best of luck.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:56 PM

H3 in the Bay Area? You'll be dealing with angry environmentalists all the time. Not saying don't get it, just something you have to deal with.

that would be a good price for an H3. They are not cheap to own - use more gas, tires are more expensive, heck, oil changes are more expensive. If you are a struggling college student get an older, economical car, save your money and get something good when you have a good income.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:27 PM

thanks for ur useful replies . can i ask some more questions. how much doI expect for the monthly maintainance cost? i wont be driving a lot really. and is there anything i should be ware of when dealing with the dealer? I like this car a lot, I know after i get back home . it will cost a lot more for this kind of driving experence, in fact it would be my first car.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:07 PM

The car will come with warranty so there should be no real "maintenance" costs.

Oil changes every 5,000 miles will be the only real substantial cost.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:09 PM

You will also pay for scheduled maintenance at 30k, 50k, 75k, and 100k miles.

These are generally expensive at the dealer. Figure $500 each.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:10 PM

You will also probably need tires before 50k miles. Figure $1,000.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:19 AM

thx a lot. i have asked the dealer for more details. the h3 i wanted was a manual instead of automatic, i dont like driving manual. and the cheapest automatic h3 base(just a base as well, with no additionally installed options) is 23600 he told me, but according to the web price on towbin hummers 2 nights ago, automatic h3 base was pirced at 21600 as well. what is the chance that i can get price down to 21600 instead of 23600?

i have also seen a few h3 alphas used ones on 8k miles priced arround 25-26k , is this a better bargain? but according to kellys blue book tradein values, its only worth 19-21k. is it possible to knock a few Ks off that price?I heard that in the states lots used cars can be 'lemon' I need a guru to help me out on this too. how could i avoid being cheated? since its a 2008h3 on 8k miles, what could be the potential problems which i have yet to figure out?
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd/836765635.html
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd/836763567.html

thanks for ur assistance ^^

Old 09-14-2008, 02:49 PM

come on . i wanna buy 'made in america' not jap craps. give me a hand plz, whats is the lowest price i can get for a use 80 h3 alpha on 8k miles.

thanks a lot!

Quick Reply: hi , i am new here, need some advice