PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hi all, Aussie H3 Lover here

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Default Hi all, Aussie H3 Lover here

Hey all,

As the H3 is settling in on Aussie soil, ive been entrigued! I love it. I am in the market for a new truck and still deciding what to get.

I have been browsing the H3 techincal threads to which i have gathered alot of info from you guys!!! Good work - keep it up!
My choices are the H3 or the Toyota Hilux SR5, so i hope you guyscan helpmake my decision final and bend my mind towards the H3, oh and have enough positive ammo to convince the minister of finance (my girlfriend) to get one.[:'(]

I hope to get abit of info from you guys as there are not too many places to get answers on Hummers (H3's) over here!

I will also try and contribute any technical info if i can

Cheers

Rick

Old 05-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Default RE: Hi all, Aussie H3 Lover here

G'dayRichard...

Old 05-09-2007, 11:15 AM

Hello and welcome...

Old 05-09-2007, 11:54 AM

If memory serves, the Hilux is a 4Runner here in the US, incase any one is confused. That is a pretty tough competitor when you look at the creature comforts, but if you plan any off-road use, the H3 has superior specs.

Greetings to the Land Down Under, and welcome. Where in Australia are you from?

Old 05-09-2007, 11:56 AM

Hi and welcome ot these boards, I'd buy the Hummer you won't be disapointed.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:39 PM

Fair dinkum mate (don't know what that means but I always wanted to say it) butbienvenidos!

Do you think it might be possible that your Minister of Finance may not want you to have such a chick magnet?

To me there is no choice. It's the Hummer all the way. (If I was buying a bike it'd be a Harley all the way. And it is!) In other words its all personal choice and lifestyle. They say, the fab five,"you are what you wear". If it follows you are what you drive then it all comes down to the oldH.D. axiom; "If I have to explain, you'd never understand".

Another old cliche, "It's tough to soar with Eagles when you're surrounded by Vultures".

Ok, I've run out of quotes and other boringthoughts. Have a good one!

poncho

Old 05-09-2007, 01:09 PM

Hi and welcome to the group..There should no decision at all..buy an H3, you won't be disapointed.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:19 PM

As expected,the other Hummer owners recommend you get a Hummer! There is no doubt in my mind it is a great vehicle, and you will love an H3. They have it all over the Toyota for looks, and interior finish. Offroad, again they will be better, and are still comfy and easy to drive in town. They have lot's of creature comforts, and of course, the Hummer "mystique". You may like a Toyota, but you will love a Hummer.

Good luck, whichever your choice!

Old 05-09-2007, 02:41 PM

I drove a Toyota 4x4 for years and loved it!After driving anH3 I would never go back. (unless of course I had to in which case a Toyota would make a good second choice)

Old 05-09-2007, 05:09 PM

I can't speak from personal experience about the H3 since the H2 is my first SUV....but to me the Hummer was the only way togo...[sm=goodidea.gif]

Quick Reply: Hi all, Aussie H3 Lover here