PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hesitation from take-off

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Default RE: Hesitation from take-off

Afew thoughts:
[ol][*]Is the clutch fan functioning properly?[*]Does the radiator have a clean core, meaning are all vanes clear inside?[*]Is coolant or exhaust gas getting into the system someplace? Bad head gasket?[/ol]
Have them do a compression check on all 5 cans and the radiator. Also have the clutch fan checked.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:47 PM

I took it to them today, and asked them about the clutch fan and they looked at me like I was talking greek. Radiator is clean. We'll see what they come back with.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:11 PM

Hesitation on take off?

Maybe you have the 5 cylinder engine?

Just kidding..

I hope they get it figured out and fixed ASAP!

Old 06-30-2008, 05:48 PM

Why would they look at you like that for inquiring about your fan? It's not an electric fan so there is only ONE way to actuate it and that's with some thermal device that makes the fan spin faster when the need arises. I can tell the first thing in the morning when I head down the road and it sounds like my fan is blowing like a hurricane. Then it just tapers off and gets quiet as the engine warms up a little. Thus I know it's working!

Old 06-30-2008, 05:55 PM

Here is the timing adder table vs engine coolant temperature for your 08 Alpha. This timing gets added to the normal timing. So at high temperatures a negative means timing is reduced.

When above 212F, you lose some significant timing.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:04 PM

They called this evening, and said, "they are still looking into it." They will give me a call tomorrow and let me know. The service manager said that all H3's run hot, and this was normal. I told him there are numerous people on the forums that don't have an issue at all. I also talked to a mechanic at Hummer (thanks 3hummers and Mike) and he said that that is NOT normal. The service manager at my dealer said all H3's run at 3/4 in stop and go traffic, but he will "look into it." If this does not get resolved, I guess I have to call Hummer Customer Service and ask them. I'm pissed that they made me pay $400 to supposedly fix this (by cleaning radiator) and it's not fixed. The truck is freakin' dangerous to drive when it is hot. I seriously almost got creamed just trying to pull into the parking lot. It is pulling WAY too much timing to just be "normal".[:@]

Old 06-30-2008, 11:05 PM

Don't take any crap from them and tell them you're going to call HUMMER if they don't fix it right. Mine almost never goes past 1/2 way and I live in Hell, I mean Florida!

Do you know of the new HUMMER site? This one actually works!
http://www.clubhummeroffroad.com/forum/index.php

Old 07-01-2008, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator

We have an H3 Alpha and it has never run hot except for driving up the Grapevine coming back from Bakersfield in 111 degree heat and then it got to about the 2/3 mark, but we passed 50 cars on the side of the road with their hoods up. I was doing 75 with the A/C on high.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:47 AM

well..my truck is broke then. lol Its always hot

Old 07-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Jeepeater...you have the Alpha or the I5?

Quick Reply: Hesitation from take-off