PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Help: Pioneer In-dash AVIC Receivers

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 06:32 PM
Default Help: Pioneer In-dash AVIC Receivers

Hey all, my wife and I got our H3 today as anticipated, and are dying to get an in-dash GPS in there. I am now looking at the Pioneer AVIC-X920BT, but have quite a few questions. The vehicle is equipped with OnStar, Bluetooth, and XM satellite radio. Will this be an issue with the new head unit? I understand that I need an OnStar integration adapter too keep that ability, but anything else? We will also be purchasing the Pioneer Rear-view camera to use with the AVIC. Any thoughts/installation tips will be greatly appreciated. The sound system is standard- not Monsoon.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:13 AM

i have been thinking about getting this head unit for my hummer also, the head unit your interested in has bluetooth support and your correct about the wiring harness to keep the onstar functionality and the door chimes. but sadly you will lose your xm satellite and your shark fin antenna. but no sweat there is a xm turner kit for it you will get a new antenna. ive looked online for a kit that allows you to keep the stock sharkfin, but so far ive had no dice. the xm kit is about 100 bucks. other than that you wont have any problems

Old 09-29-2010, 04:40 PM

When I got my new head unit I had to get a new xm receiver and antenna and the module to keep all the chimes and such.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:14 PM

so do you like it? and do you have any vids or pictures of it in your hummer?

Old 09-30-2010, 03:15 AM

I have the pioneer avh-3100dvd here is a picture of the headunit and the back up cam. Ignore the blurry screen its cause the camera focused on the bottom part of the mount kit.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Looks cool. I have one in my Alpha OT. Love it.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:25 PM

I had to add my comment
I have a Pioneer AVIC-D3 in one of my other vehicles.
I also have the factory Navigation and Sirus/XM in my 07 H3
The factory H3 nav. is worlds better than the Pioneer unit.
Pioneer's display has small graphics and redundant logos for
the satellite radio and very poor contrast for the map display.

I wish Pioneer had looked at other nav's and did more serious adult design
on their navi and radio display.
The AVIC-D3 certainly works but is not in the same class as the factory GM
navigation used in the H3

Old 09-30-2010, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tonyg41
I have the pioneer avh-3100dvd here is a picture of the headunit and the back up cam. Ignore the blurry screen its cause the camera focused on the bottom part of the mount kit.

How do you like your Pioneer unit? I am thinking of getting one. Any recommendations?

Old 09-30-2010, 11:09 PM

Wow! That looks like its like a great fit. I'm so excited to get mine

Old 10-01-2010, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Theuofmiami
How do you like your Pioneer unit? I am thinking of getting one. Any recommendations?
I really like it a lot one of the best head units I ever owned. I didnt get the 4100 one because it didnt have the front usb port and the buttons on the front are limited but the extra screen size is nice if you dont need the other things. If your looking for nav the avic models would be what you want to look into. I didnt get nav cause I have it on my phone and the one nav model I kinda wanted didnt have the back up camera port.

PS: Make sure whatever head unit you get, get a good dash kit here is an example of a h3 one http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...s_95-3304.aspx

Last edited by Tonyg41; 10-01-2010 at 03:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Help: Pioneer In-dash AVIC Receivers