PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

help....piece of @##$

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

Another possibility is you have a bad cell/or a cell going bad in your battery. If you have a load tester you could try that, or go to an auto parts and have them test it?

BTW.... I have 27K+ miles, never been to the dealer for anything. Only issue I ever had was with those lousey battery terminals, and it was a no tool under 5 minute fix all three times added together.

Last thing, you did realize when you look at the fuse daigram in the manual from the front of your truck, you do have to flip the fuse diagram around so it is upside down to match the fuse locations.... right?

Best of luck.

Please let us know whatever you find out to be the problem.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:40 AM

so I phone the dealer, and told him what I found, TSB I read, and stuff I talked to you about.

His response. TSB are often superceded by other TSB's and Forums are full of bolony.....people on forums have no idea what they are talking about.

Now he is trying to pin that I put in a relay for accessories as a problem.

And they are surprised when imports whoop their *** in sales. Well if they had service that is actually polite....that may help.

Marko

Old 03-19-2009, 11:15 AM

That kind of dealer response surprises you?
The benefit to a forum is the collective mind, Some responses are dead on, others not so much. Most people are only here to help based on sharing a common interest or hobby. A forum delivers education on a particular subject matter better than one person normally could gain gathering information solo. Especially if you had ask your dealer tech for help every time an issue came up. The guy that tells you he knows everything about anything, hasn't learned much of anything about everything yet to learn.
Next time he graces you with a conversation, perhaps you should suggest to him that the Internet has nearly replaced the library. Or that cool thingy that Capt. Kirk talk into on the TV show Star Trek, well, now we call it a cell phone! And I'm not even a Trek fan! Sounds like he hasn't caught up yet. Times are changing, people are starting to do things for themselves again. Smart, very smart!
The great thing about our country is its freedom. He can say whatever he likes and no one can do much of anything about it. But, you I can do the same, there we find a balance! Just tell him you didn't know it was his girlfriend that left with you from the bar that night, and perhaps all will be forgivin! Ha.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:24 PM

FYI imports have issues too, some a lot.. The Toyo dealership I work with has problem cars all the time and they are brand new. Heck they changed out an 08 Camry Tranny the other day with 3100 miles on it.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:33 PM
JNR

I've always had good luck with GM vehicles themselves (often buying used), but the dealer service almost always sucks. That would be the main reason I would not consider a GM again, but as for the car, they're generally up there (I've owned ~12 newer GM's, btw).

There are always lemons in every make/model, so hopefully this isn't one of them. Don't give up quite yet, but do wish you luck at any rate. Sucks having to go thru that and frustrating to say the least.

As for the internet remarks, I agree mostly with that, but the only thing I don't like about it is it depends on the source of information and often it's hard to determing the validity and/or make sure it's not a sales pitch from somebody/site pretending to be non-biased. Otherwise, it's a great tool, so long as you use caution.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:29 PM

well, after owning three full size fords and now driving a new H3, i will never buy a Ford again! but thats my opinion

Old 03-21-2009, 12:25 AM

FIXED. Turn out Airdoc was right.......

The reset was 50% of the job.

They took off driver side door panel, and unpluged two wires, plugged them back in and apparently worked.

So when I asked what was the issue.....I was told its a "computer thing"......and nothing else. So I told him, please.....enlighten me.....because I know nothing about computers (and he knows perfectly well where I work and that I got a BSc in Computer science with 15 years experience in state govt - IT department). Finally he admited that he wasnt quite sure......

I wanted to say ....."now...was that really that hard?", but I figured I shouldn't be an *******. So I thanked him, took him 20 dollar gift cert for a local coffee shop, and it was all good.

People **** me off.

Anyhow, thanks Airdoc....some good advice there.....as always.

Marko

Old 03-21-2009, 07:55 AM
Super Moderator

meh.... us forum people got no idea what we are talking about.

Just trying to help brud.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:55 AM

We all get a great education on this and other forums from guys like Doc.

Yuflesh, good for you and I'm glad your H3 is back up and running as it should.