PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

help me value a supercharged h2

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Default help me value a supercharged h2

New here, hello! I might be inheriting an H2 SUT 06. But it might not fit into our vehicle arsenal very well. I have a work truck and an unlimited wrangler 08 sahara for a toy. The wife has a commader for hauling our two young kids around. The decision is keep the h2 and it would be the family hauler and sell the commander or keep commander and sell h2. If we kept the h2, we would probably have to take the lift off and go with smaller tires so the wife can use it practically.

So I am curious what the h2 might be worth because it is modified. I don't know exact details but have basics. Its an 06 I believe with I am thinking 30-50k miles roughly. Its white, loaded, supercharged, lifted, 20's with toyo open country at's, navi, headrest tv's, performance exhaust. Plus others I am sure but these are the things I know for sure. This truck hauls seriously, I couldn't believe something that big could move that fast.

Basically, I am curious what I could sell it for if we decide it doesn't fit in our life right now. I debated selling my wrangler but I just got it 6 months ago new, and got it lifted with toyo mt's and I love taking the top off, I think I enjoy playing with the wrangler more. But who knows.

So the main purpose of my post is to try and get a ROUGH estimate of what this thing is worth with all the mods. Thanks in advance!

Old 05-18-2009, 10:27 PM

Supercharged normally means a ton of problems...sooooo.....maybe low 30s on the private market? That's a guess -- if you find the right buyer you may be able to get more. (I know, you probably spent $20K in mods alone...just doesn't help unless you find the right buyer).

Old 05-20-2009, 01:01 AM

Thanks for replying, I feel my target purchaser would be someone looking for an h2 with these mods, so hopefully I can get some value from them. I was thinking in my head that upper 30's maybe 40k, if I found someone who wanted an h2 with the mods it has. Any other ideas anyone?

Old 05-21-2009, 12:42 AM

I'm thinking around $25,000... Best way to get an idea of the market is a completed auction search on ebay.

I think it harder to sell a vehicle thats modded than stock. I always take/sell the aftermarket **** off my cars before selling them.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by bflorin
I'm thinking around $25,000... Best way to get an idea of the market is a completed auction search on ebay.

I think it harder to sell a vehicle thats modded than stock. I always take/sell the aftermarket **** off my cars before selling them.

ouch, geez I hope not!

Ebay didn't have a lot that was comprable, but the ones that were in the ballpark of options were low 30's

Old 05-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Talking Pix please.......

Pics...............

Old 05-24-2009, 08:40 AM

Wish i had some, I'd post em if I did. I might be able to get some down the road sometime.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:30 PM

hi
i would stick with h2 , i bought my h2 used in early 2008 , its 2003 model and till today after 250,000kkms i have no issues with it. these machines are built strong as they are proper offroad beasts. i used to have jeep beforre to , they are different class of fun , but i found them weak offroad , i got many problem with them especially with differentials

however id sell the supercharger if it is possible

Old 05-25-2009, 04:00 PM

I have found this to be very true. I have bought and sold quite a few vehicles, and extreme modifications tend to devalue the vehicle at times.

Do yourself a favor and remove the aftermarket parts, invest in replacements if you no longer have the stock items. Then sell the aftermarket parts individually. You will get more value for them. If nothing else remove the lift kit, you will draw the attention of a broader range of buyers.

Bottom line, without seeing pictures etc, its going to be worth about $25k plus or minus a couple thousand to the right buyer. However if you bring it back to as close to stock as possible, it will still be worth $25k....

Just my opinion and experience.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Default Value

As a new Hummer owner, still waiting on mine to be transferred to me I am pretty familiar with the buying market. The dealers are selling the fire out of these things. The mileage is the biggest factor, for me at least. When I saw the ultra-modifiied ones, I just kept moving because the prices were rediculas. Now the dealer would probably ask 38K for it (I just saw a similar one at that price), and they might find someone that will pay that, however, I would say depending on the miles you can probably get between 25K-28K on the private market.

Quick Reply: help me value a supercharged h2