PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Help, I need a GM Supplier Discount # Quick

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Default RE: Help, I need a GM Supplier Discount # Quick

f5fstop...you have to understand where MD is coming from....I don't think he meant post a picture specifically.....but a little participation would be nice...don't ya think? We are not like elbola forums here but also don't gather in a circle holding hands while watching "queer eye"...you know like the "new" forum. As mods we have to sift through every damn thread and deleting trolls and spammers and idiots gets old after awhile.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:37 PM

I understand moderating a forum, I have moderated non-auto/truck related forums and I know how much time they can take, and how ignorant some members can be.
However, in this case it does not appear the person was a spammer, or someone who is out to bash the H3 or other members. It was someone asking for help in obtaining a discount on a vehicle.
This is a new age, if I was someone who was considering the purchase ofa H3 for the first time, I would go to Internet forums and lurk to learn about the vehicle. (I am a member of the Jeepforum, under a different name, and have been for many years. Lately I have just been lurking to check out the new Jeep JK.) So, I also know about lurking on a forum.
Therefore, people who lurk here and/or other H3 forums, read about the vehicle, then decide to purchase. They go out and order a vehicle, then they suddenly hear about a discount they can obtain; even after the vehicle has been ordered. At that point,they join and ask.
If the person had another angle, something like bashing H3s or just spamming the community, would he or she ask for the discount? Makes no sense to me.
Therefore, I just step in and make a statement. Later, I come back to read the replies out of curiosity, and I read two replies to my message. The message from you, which I accept and have no problem with, since it is your right to address me and make your statements, and even to stand up for a fellow moderator. Not sure, where the “new” forum is you speak of, since I only belong to two other Hummer forums (HummerX and GMHummer).
Even though I agree that there has to be some debating on forums, and that getting in a circle, holding hands and watching queer eye is as repulsive to me as it probably is to you, I still have a big problem with the original message posted by MD, and I have a bigger problem with MDs reply to my message.
Possibly MD has to remember he is a moderator and sets the trend on the forums. If he finds it easy to insult someone with sarcastic terms, or statements like “mangina,” imagine how the other members feel. He also has to be careful about other terms that other members can find extremely insulting, and in my case, a person I do not know, and will never know, calling me “killer,” is about as insulting as it can get. I understand, since he does not know me, that pis*ing me off with the word killer is from pure ignorance.
Therefore, since MD is a moderator, and from my experience, moderators set the tone of a forum, I will just bug out of this forum. My time is worth too much to be on a forum where people are insulted for no good reason, other than one of the moderators is a smart a**.
So, take care, have fun, hope your H3s last forever, but I’ll leaving this forum, for it won’t be long before it ends up like that other forum most of us know about and left due to this type of moderation.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:17 AM

of course you have the right to your opinion, and if you feel like leaving so be it. I know you from three forums now, and really have n clue hw you can classify this place to be like elbola. You can not honestly say that MD saying calm down killer was an insult to you?!?!?! Seriously bro...it's a figure of speech, nothing insulting meant by it at all.....but I think you know that. One thing that you have to admit is that everyone has their own personality on forums..some are serious diks (like me) and some post in jest and sarcasm....which if you would stick around long enough to know people, you would realize that MD is the latter. I am the senior Moderator on staff here...if I thought MD was being a dik I would have been the first to tell him in the moderators room that he should cool it.....but, because I know him and know his style of humor I laughed at his post as I knew it was written in humor and not to bash you. I'm also sure that the majority of people that have read this thread also took his reply the same way I did. Sorry if your feelings got hurt bro, hope you decide to stick around.

Old 10-28-2007, 01:01 AM

Well hell....................

It took 4,727 posts at the other joint ......We have run him off at exactly 50.

Old 10-28-2007, 01:09 AM

I shouldn't laugh....but that was funny

Old 10-28-2007, 04:01 AM

f5fstop = Name:  nutkick.gif
Views: 27
Size:  14.4 KB

WTF, why do so many people get their panties in a twist over such little sh it???

Old 10-28-2007, 09:46 AM

I have an H3 that I used the discount on. It was from my job. These are not transferrable to family members the way mine works.

My Dad is wanting to buy a Cadillac and was wanting to know if there is a way he can get a GM number and discount. He is retired. How does the program work where non-gm or people who don't work for companies who get the discount are able to use these? Thanks.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:45 AM

Yes, the company i work for is A123Systems out in Watertown, MA we will be producing the batteries for GM's Volt concept at the moment and other hybrid, HEV lines. We have not supplied GM so therefore we are not qualified to get the GM discount until March 08. I simply asked for a supplier code, this is the first time i ever joined a forum so i have no idea on how to post pictures just yet. Furthermore, i don't have a Hummer, but would like to get one by years end because the price of the Hummer keeps going up. People are cruel on the site, but i don't care that is the internet, [:'(]what would you expect, nobody has to be nice. But out of all the mean ones on this site, i was happy to find someone who sent or will be sending me the supplier discount and that's all that matters. Once i get it, i will post the pictures up.

Mountain Trooper: The discount is transferable to friends and family even if your dad is retired.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:21 AM

"people are cruel"??..."out of all the mean ones"??...

Old 10-30-2007, 03:00 AM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

"people are cruel"??..."out of all the mean ones"??...
Talking about YOU, IMPY!!!!!!!!Name:  giggle.gif
Views: 34
Size:  1.8 KB

Quick Reply: Help, I need a GM Supplier Discount # Quick