PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

HELP, H3 missfiring on all cylinders

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Default HELP, H3 missfiring on all cylinders

Hi all, my H3 with 55000 miles is running rough all of a sudden.

I had a tech hook up a computer scanner and this is what it found.

P0017 CKP to Exhaust CMP correlation B1

P0300 Random Cylinder Missfire

It also showed all cylinders missfiring.

Does this problem have a recall, they think it could be the Cam sensors.

Any help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks

Old 11-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: HELP, H3 missfiring on all cylinders

What year and date of Mfg. (from the door jam sticker)? More info is better.

The VVT system is remarkably reliable, but anything is possible, sensors of any/all types can and do go bad??

Old 11-14-2007, 09:47 PM

When I had the head/valve issues, it started with a rough idle and got worse, cylinders were misfiring. It was mainly 06's...maybe this is your problem??

Old 11-14-2007, 10:10 PM

I just checked the date, says 09/05 but is a 2006.

If it the heads, is it a recall problem or do I have to pay for it. Thanks

Old 11-14-2007, 10:15 PM

Also, I just bought this in Sept with 51,000 miles. It had a 60 day or 2500 warranty, I am at 5,000 but before the 60 days (Do I have any rights against this?). I guess I'm screwed, I just started reading about this head issue!!!!

Old 11-14-2007, 10:22 PM

I think it should be covered...where did you but it..private owner, used car lot, or Hummer? Either way I would take it to a Hummer dealer and talk to them about it.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:47 PM

GM should honor the head issue even for a used vehicle purchase, as long as your vin falls in line with the effected h3's then they know of the problem as will replace the head assy.for you....at least that's what I was told by a few dealerships.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:02 PM

I bought it at a Hummer dealership in MA and I live in CT (2 hours away). I'm going to take it to my local dealership and see what happens. I didn't check my VIN but is says 09/05 so I'm sure it will fall under that number. If I have to pay for this myself, is there a way to put the Alpha motor in? I wonder if anyone else is thinking about this, I think there is a problem with the frame being redesigned to fit the V8.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:18 PM

ORIGINAL: hummer3

I bought it at a Hummer dealership in MA and I live in CT (2 hours away). I'm going to take it to my local dealership and see what happens. I didn't check my VIN but is says 09/05 so I'm sure it will fall under that number. If I have to pay for this myself, is there a way to put the Alpha motor in? I wonder if anyone else is thinking about this, I think there is a problem with the frame being redesigned to fit the V8.
Too expensive due to neededchassis/body/engine management modifications.Better solution would be to have the I5 bored out and/or stroked and custom head work done instead. This wouldcost a little less anyway but you would need to find a shop that knows a lot about the I5 to make sure it's worth it.

Getting the head fixed under warranty, if that's really your problem,for free is the best bet.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:32 PM

There was never a recall on the head problem mostly because recalls are more for safety related issues and GM didnt consider this a safety issue...but there were a few gm bulletins released to dealerships about the problem and how to fix, then they sent out tsb's about what part number to use for the new heads because they had to use a new recast head that was free from problems....I'm sure you can call GM's main HQ and get something resolved if your dealer says no.

Quick Reply: HELP, H3 missfiring on all cylinders