PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Help with bypass for Pioneer AVH-4200DVD

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Default Help with bypass for Pioneer AVH-4200DVD

Hey,
I haven't received it yet, but I purchased the pioneer avh-4200dvd with the appropriate cables. I'm hoping it is plug and play. I do want the dvd to play while I'm driving- so the front passenger can watch dvds on longer trips. I saw a bypass for this on youtube (the link is below). However, I'm very new to installation and am a plug and play kinda gal and am a little nervous about cutting wires on the truck. In the video it says to wire your parking brake to the relay- does anyone know which wire that would be and would I just cut it away from the harness? I saw a dark green and a light green wire... Also, do I have to put the plastic connectors on the ends of the wires and then attach it to the relay? When I bought the relay they gave me a "pigtail" with it that snaps on the relay and then has the loose wires- Could I just splice the appropriate wires from the pigtail to the ones from the radio and truck and accomplish the same? Oh I have an 08 Alpha if that helps. THANKS!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDGZEZrUdRo

Last edited by Sundrop Addict; 07-01-2010 at 10:44 PM. Reason: typos and additional information
Old 07-05-2010, 07:14 PM

Hopefully someone could explain this as I too wants to learn. But what I want to know is how to get the rearview connection on a reverse.

Please help us guys!

Thanks

Old 07-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Smile attempted bypass

Well you don't actually connect the parking brake wire of the vehicle just the head unit and ground the relay into the ground of the vehicle/headunit. I attepted this myself and had it working like the video, except I noticed I would have to disconnect and reconnect.. ultimately I took it to a local stereo shop that did the bypass for $50. Same relay setup, but they had to do a toggle switch to bypass the parking brake.... so I was CLOSE, but not close enough. Hope that helps anyone else with the same issue.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sundrop Addict
Well you don't actually connect the parking brake wire of the vehicle just the head unit and ground the relay into the ground of the vehicle/headunit. I attepted this myself and had it working like the video, except I noticed I would have to disconnect and reconnect.. ultimately I took it to a local stereo shop that did the bypass for $50. Same relay setup, but they had to do a toggle switch to bypass the parking brake.... so I was CLOSE, but not close enough. Hope that helps anyone else with the same issue.
I just got this same unit for christmas. Did you use the gmos-01 wire harness. I see that the harness has a cable for the parking brake could I use that to bypass?

Old 12-30-2010, 10:43 AM

I installed a Kenwood DNX9960 head unit in my 08 Alpha. I used the Metra GMOS-01 wiring harness. I don't know if its the same for the pioneer as it is for the Kenwood, but all I had to do was cut, add a terminal, and ground the parking brake wire and it bypassed that stuff.

Old 02-18-2011, 06:13 PM

I ended up watching the Yout tube video on how to bypass and sure enough it worked like a charm. I got the relay from amazon for 2 bucks. I wired it the way they showed and I have no problems. Next iss gonna be a back up cam.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:05 AM

As stated above usually all you have to do is to ground the handbrake wire to bypass the mode which wont let you watch dvd on the move.Not sure about your model of player however there should be no need to purchase extra wiring.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:07 PM

all you should have to do for that one is ground out that parking break wire... i have had a few of the pioneers even a avic d3 every one of them all i have had to do was ground the parking break wire even the kenwood model i have in mine now.. only one i have ever had trouble with was the avh7600 i had to run a toggle switch for that one but it still served same purpose was to ground out the parking break wire.