PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

HELP: Aries Side Bar Installation!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Default HELP: Aries Side Bar Installation!

The instructions for installing the Aries brand side bars on the H3 are very vague...

Does anyone know where to use the lock washers, flat washers, and nuts?
There does not seem to be a place to use the nuts as once you thread the bolts, the bolt end is either inside the frame or the side bar with no way to utilize the nuts.

Do the lock washer and washers go on the brackets that mount on the frame or the brackets where the side bars are mounted to and in what order?
Thanks

Old 02-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Got no use for those nerf bars, they just get destroyed off road so I can't be much help.

I do know that a lock washer has to be in contact with the bolt head to perform its function. So it would be the first thing over the bolt, before it goes through flat washers and/or the mounting brackets. On some of these applications you could use a flat washer or two for a spacer between the bracket and truck frame to keep the allignment of the bar the same at the front and rear if needed?

Best I can do, somebody else may have the same nerf bars and do better for you.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:34 AM

Thansk Doc...
I do have the bold threaded thru the lock washer first, then the flat washer, but they are mounted thru the bracket and into the side bar, as I was not sure if they go there or where the bracket attaches to the frame.
You would think Aries could provide better instructions than "mental telepathy"...
Hopefully, someone who has installed these can provide insight...Aries instructions on their website are equally worthless.