PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Help, About to buy a H3T. I have questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Default Help, About to buy a H3T. I have questions

Hello all, I am hoping to be a proud owner of an H3T Monday. I am looking @ a 2009 White H3T with rear view camera, power driver seat, tow pkg, home link. 16" Alum. wheels.

and a 2009 Boulder Gray H3T Luxury pkg w/ Rear view Camera, tow pkg, painted front grill (would actually rather have the chrome),

Approved for the first one, and all but approved for the second one. waiting til Monday to find out.

My initial questions:
1. Does the rear seat bottom part fold up?
2. Is there storage underneath rear seats?
3. I do 90% Hwy driving-- can I expect 18mpg? (In Flat Texas)
4. Is 87 Octane Okay? (what is recommended by GM)

Thanks in advance for the help.. I hope to be a HUMMER owner soon

Old 05-15-2010, 10:04 PM

In order, answers to your questions:
1) No
2) No
3) LOL! I do 90% Hwy and get 13 mpg with the I-5 auto and I live in pancake flat Florida. Others on here will swear they get much better. I just put a tank of 89 octane in to see if it makes any difference in fuel economy.
4) 87 is fine. No performance issues. Just hoping that 89 improves my fuel economy.

No regrets here despite the fuel economy. Good luck with your decision.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by jrc1122
Hello all, I am hoping to be a proud owner of an H3T Monday. I am looking @ a 2009 White H3T with rear view camera, power driver seat, tow pkg, home link. 16" Alum. wheels.

and a 2009 Boulder Gray H3T Luxury pkg w/ Rear view Camera, tow pkg, painted front grill (would actually rather have the chrome),

Approved for the first one, and all but approved for the second one. waiting til Monday to find out.

My initial questions:
1. Does the rear seat bottom part fold up?
2. Is there storage underneath rear seats?
3. I do 90% Hwy driving-- can I expect 18mpg? (In Flat Texas)
4. Is 87 Octane Okay? (what is recommended by GM)

Thanks in advance for the help.. I hope to be a HUMMER owner soon
Im waiting for delivery of my H3T this week (trading in my H3) , my H3 gets very good MPG, not sure of the exact numbers though,,, but with an H3T one thing to do, to get the best MPG, is to get a truck bed cover,,,, a pick-up with an open bed is going to be hurt when it comes to MPG.

Any kind of bed cover can greatly improve MPG.

Cheers
Davyo

Old 05-16-2010, 07:48 AM

Bed cover will be a must--- but I will probably be hating life if I average 13mpg--- I drive a lot. Tons of travel. 30K a year.. Sounds like I will need to get a beater... But it can't be too much of a beater,, it has to be reliable for 400 mile round trips I take a few times a week.

I saw that the rear seats split fold down.. Do they lay mostly flat,, to store things ontop of the back of the seats? (in the rear)

Originally Posted by FloridaFeMan
In order, answers to your questions:
1) No
2) No
3) LOL! I do 90% Hwy and get 13 mpg with the I-5 auto and I live in pancake flat Florida. Others on here will swear they get much better. I just put a tank of 89 octane in to see if it makes any difference in fuel economy.
4) 87 is fine. No performance issues. Just hoping that 89 improves my fuel economy.

No regrets here despite the fuel economy. Good luck with your decision.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by jrc1122
Bed cover will be a must--- but I will probably be hating life if I average 13mpg--- I drive a lot. Tons of travel. 30K a year.. Sounds like I will need to get a beater... But it can't be too much of a beater,, it has to be reliable for 400 mile round trips I take a few times a week.

I saw that the rear seats split fold down.. Do they lay mostly flat,, to store things ontop of the back of the seats? (in the rear)
Yes, my seats stay folded down about half the time. I'm always putting stuff back there and since I have the light colored Cashmere leather, I fold them down so the leather doesn't get dirty. The backs of the seats have darker carpet on them. I do wish the bottoms folded up. I had a Nissan Titan and it was a really well thought out truck for using the interior as a cargo bay. I wish GM had looked at one prior to designing the H3T. The H3T is not a very innovative truck. I think they relied on the Hummer name a bit too much. That said, I love it and it's my favorite truck ever for other reasons.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:04 AM

That's cool, I too use to own a Titan (2004 Titan Crew Cab 4x4 LE)-- It was nice.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:10 PM

anxious--- Should know something by tomorrow @ 10am or so.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:25 PM

Funny how many of us had Tians and now H3t's. I have the 5 cyl. and get combined average of 16.53 MPG on regular gas. I think it may get better in WI now that we dont have the winter blend for gas. The H3t is a great truck but not as spacious as the Titan.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by mcampjr
Funny how many of us had Tians and now H3t's. I have the 5 cyl. and get combined average of 16.53 MPG on regular gas. I think it may get better in WI now that we dont have the winter blend for gas. The H3t is a great truck but not as spacious as the Titan.
When you say combined, what % HWY what % town/city?

I avg 3000 miles/ month. And probably 2900 of it is staight flat highway. 70-75mph. and 100 around town.

So about 95% of my driving is highway cruising speeds.

I am really hoping for 17+ mpg avg.

I get reimbursed miles on a variable scale-- but with todays gas prices. I am getting 17.8 cents per mile.
3000 miles = 534 bucks (tax free reimbusement)

if I get 17mpg---

3000/17 = 176.5 gallons x $2.65 gallon = $467.xx/ per month.

17mpg= $467 / month
16mpg= $497 / month
15mpg= $530/ month

So as long as I get 15mpg-- I should break even on gas cost (but not wear and tear)

Old 05-17-2010, 09:53 AM

If 95% of your driving is highway at 70-75 mph, you will average at least 17 mpg on the highway and should average around 16 in the city. My 09 H3T averages about 18-19 mpg highway - 16 mpg city. I live in AZ where for the most part it's pretty flat except for the northern part of the state.

Quick Reply: Help, About to buy a H3T. I have questions