PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hello from Green Bay Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Default Hello from Green Bay Wisconsin

Hello everyone!

I just bought a 2008 H3 Alpha for my wife 2 weeks ago. It's a really nice truck and my wife loves it. I ordered a cd on the 2008 H3 so I know what all the maintenance is and how to do it. I already dumped the oil and installed some new Mobil 1 Synthetic with the GM filter.

Old 12-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum and Hummer. As the owner of a 2008 H3 Alpha Adv truck I share your enthusiasm. It has been a great vehicle for us and I have wheeled it on some very tough trails and been very impressed with it.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:12 PM

Welcome from the Great Lakes (MI)! As another owner of an 08 Alpha (3 of them now) I can't say enough about how much we love our rigs. Maintenance is the key to longitivity!

Do you plan on using it for any OffRoad excursions?

Last edited by TAINTER; 12-11-2010 at 01:48 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:33 PM

Welcome from the east coast!

Old 12-11-2010, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by 3hummers
Welcome to the forum and Hummer. As the owner of a 2008 H3 Alpha Adv truck I share your enthusiasm. It has been a great vehicle for us and I have wheeled it on some very tough trails and been very impressed with it.
Great to hear! I can't wait to go off road as well. There's some great trails by the ski hill which include some sand pits so I'm going off-roading this summer. I guess I'll find out first how it is on snow. 10-12 inches of snow expected today for Wisconsin.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Welcome from the Great Lakes (MI)! As another owner of an 08 Alpha (3 of them now) I can't say enough about how much we love our rigs. Maintenance is the key to longitivity!

Do you plan on using it for any OffRoad excursions?
I actually bought the Hummer in Saginaw and drove it over the Mackinaw bridge at 40mph wind gusts but it held the road nice. Alot of snow by ******* and Vanderbilt. I can't believe you have three...WOW! As for off roading I will do plenty in the Hiawatha national forest by Marquette this summer. I plan on plenty of maintenance as It's not only good for the truck by I enjoy doing it.

Glad to meet you.

KC

Old 12-11-2010, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by DAGKANA
Welcome from the east coast!
All Hummers are awesome and a great vehicle to own. Are you getting any snow on the East Coast?

Old 12-11-2010, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by KC_Metal
I actually bought the Hummer in Saginaw and drove it over the Mackinaw bridge at 40mph wind gusts but it held the road nice. Alot of snow by ******* and Vanderbilt. I can't believe you have three...WOW! As for off roading I will do plenty in the Hiawatha national forest by Marquette this summer. I plan on plenty of maintenance as It's not only good for the truck by I enjoy doing it.

Glad to meet you.

KC
You got it in MI. Oh god, I hope it's not my first one! BLACK? ******* is in the MI snow belt. If you want snow go to *******! If you are interested we make an annual pilgramage to Drummond Island every year. PM me your email and I will keep you posted on wheeling trips!

We don't have 3 Alphas now, First 1 was a lease, Second 1 was a lease take over and now we bought an 08 H3 Alpha OffROad (mine) and an 09 H3T Adventure 5speed (wifes). LOVE THEM BOTH!

Old 12-11-2010, 10:00 PM

Snow? We got a dusting the other night I want feet of it but nothing so far!

Old 12-13-2010, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
You got it in MI. Oh god, I hope it's not my first one! BLACK? ******* is in the MI snow belt. If you want snow go to *******! If you are interested we make an annual pilgramage to Drummond Island every year. PM me your email and I will keep you posted on wheeling trips!

We don't have 3 Alphas now, First 1 was a lease, Second 1 was a lease take over and now we bought an 08 H3 Alpha OffROad (mine) and an 09 H3T Adventure 5speed (wifes). LOVE THEM BOTH!
Wow you've had quite a few Hummers. Tell me on that 5 speed is it a pretty smooth shifting transmission? I'll send you my email in a PM when I locate the Private messaging.

Thanks,

KC

Quick Reply: Hello from Green Bay Wisconsin