PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Heated Seat switc / Nav Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Default Heated Seat switc / Nav Questions

Hi Gang

New Owner here and was in need of minor help.

Purchased a H3x and the Heated seat switch feel like it's positions are virtually non existant. There is no feel to the switch on both front seats. Yes they work fine but is that normal for these switches?

I noticed sometimes if I get a call on OnStar while the Nav system is directing me somewhere that after the Onstar call ends the Nav display say's CD error.

Ejecting the DVD and rebooting it fixes the problem but it really shouldn't be doing this anyone have any idea's?

Ian
H3x

Old 06-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Default RE: Heated Seat switc / Nav Questions

yeah on the seat heater switches
and becareful u'll hit them w/ ur butt getin in and out
and then the next thing ya know is a very warm butt
sry i dont know anything about the nav
i dont have one in my X
welcome to HF
oh yeah
[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 06-09-2007, 10:10 PM

Couldn't help you worth a chit on your probelms, you're on your own.....But welcome to the forum anyways..

Old 06-10-2007, 05:53 AM

It's a very bad position for the switch. You can bump it easy when adjusting the seat. Most cars have it on the dash. My switch has small indents for the positions that you can feel.

Old 06-10-2007, 06:37 PM

Welcome to the forum.

I thought I was the only one that gets in and out of my hummer, and the next thing you know my heated seat are on..I bumb it all the time...but it is a good butt warmer.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:38 PM

I haven't had problems with the heated seat switch yet, butI agree the switches should be on the dash where most cars locate them. Though, in the winter, I do like being able to turn the rocker switch on and leave it there for weeks rather than having to reactivate the seats every time I start the car like on most vehicles.

As for the Nav/Onstar issue, I have never had that problem. Mention it to the dealer. Maybe a reprogram of some sort is needed.

Old 06-11-2007, 05:11 PM

The Nav/Onstar is kind of strange...The amp switches over to deliver power to the onstardeal and the speaker, but we're pretty sure that its not 100% of the power...have you tried letting it recycle itself? How long did you leave it on error before you ejected it? It sounds strange, we've never seen that problem...

Old 06-12-2007, 12:07 AM

ORIGINAL: flyjets

Hi Gang

New Owner here and was in need of minor help.

Purchased a H3x and the Heated seat switch feel like it's positions are virtually non existant. There is no feel to the switch on both front seats. Yes they work fine but is that normal for these switches?

I noticed sometimes if I get a call on OnStar while the Nav system is directing me somewhere that after the Onstar call ends the Nav display say's CD error.

Ejecting the DVD and rebooting it fixes the problem but it really shouldn't be doing this anyone have any idea's?

Ian
H3x
Welcome! I notice the same thing with my seat heater switches, and agree it seems a bit lame.
I have the NAV, and don't have that issue, so it nust be something specific to yours, sorry, but no suggestions other than dealer time![&o]