PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Headrest DVD's will not power up please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 02:39 PM
Unhappy Headrest DVD's will not power up please help

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the factory installed headrest DVD players. I have no idea what happened I bought the truck this way and would like to fix for my grandkids someone please help me feel free to E-Mail me

Old 06-07-2013, 06:31 PM

DVD Player: All Technical Service Bulletins
Entertainment System - DVD Monitor Display Inoperative

Bulletin No.: 07-08-44-016A
Date: August 28, 2007
TECHNICAL
Subject:
GM Accessories Headrest DVD System Display Monitor Inoperative (Install Cable Connector Clamps)

Supercede:
This bulletin is being revised to update the models affected list. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 07-08-44-016 (Section 08 - Body &
Accessories).
Condition
Some customers may comment on an inoperative display monitor or monitors in the GM Accessories Headrest DVD System.
Cause
This condition may be caused by a loose connection at the display monitor cable connectors. These connectors are located at the lower rear part of both
front seats. Two cables are routed to the display monitor in each seat.

A number of headrest monitors have been replaced under warranty and in many cases, no trouble was found by the supplier when these units were analyzed. Therefore, technicians should be checking for loose connections and installing cable connector clamps to ensure positive robust connection.

Models / Correction:

Part Number: 19159659

Description: Clamp, DVD Cable Connector

Quantity: 4

Last edited by hummerz; 06-07-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Unhappy DVD's will not power up

I have checked and the cables with the 4 pins are connected and the retainers are in place does anyone know where the cables connect to the vehicle or have a schematic of the system?

Old 06-09-2013, 01:16 PM

Did you check power & ground with a multimeter? You should have power+, ground-, & left/right audio, that runs through the radio.

http://schwarttzy.com/wp-content/upl...Navigation.pdf

Old 06-09-2013, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by 1wandering
I have checked and the cables with the 4 pins are connected and the retainers are in place does anyone know where the cables connect to the vehicle or have a schematic of the system?
If it's the same system as I have, the DVD control box sits in front of the front of your center console, beneath your stereo system. However power is drawn from a jumper harness to your rear wiper control. You can get to that by simply popping your Radio bezel off (the area surrounding your radio and holding the rear window control ****, power outlets etc.)

I would first use a multimeter at the connection beneath your seat as mentioned above and see if you are getting power there.

If you are not getting power there, but have power at the rear window control harness, your next step is to check connections into and out of the DVD control box. You would need to remove you radio bezel and take out your center console, most likely at that point.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:11 PM

can't stand the headrest dvd players at all. Audio has to go on radio channel and always breaks up, absolute waste of almost $2K.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:16 PM

$25 fix to send it to your stereo direct through XM, or better yet, headphones (if it's your kids watching their movie).

Old 06-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Default Headrest DVD's INOP

Ok I got power to both dvd players the one on the drivers side starts right up and works great the one on the passenger side the light on the power button is on but when pushed it does nothing does anyone repair these or where can I find a used one EBay has all new ones

Old 06-14-2013, 03:11 PM

You could try calling Invision, the company that makes them and see if they repair them. They may make you go through a dealership though. Other than that, just keep an eye out on Ebay. I just sold the extra one I had, to another member here.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:43 AM

Did you check the control box? A/V cables to passenger side? Is the power button stuck inward on the passenger side dvd?

Ebay has the complete system for 405.00

New GM Hummer H3 Headrest Head Restraint DVD Dual System Ebony 19155607 | eBay

or if the control box is defective, ebay shows 1 for 74.99

New Genuine Invision GM Ford Toyota Nissan Honda DVD Headrest System Control Box | eBay

Quick Reply: Headrest DVD's will not power up please help