PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Headlight/Foglight Bulb Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Default Headlight/Foglight Bulb Replacement

I have been searching through all of these threads and was wondering if anyone would post on here some pics of their H3s with aftermarket headlight/foglight bulb replacements or HID kits so others can see what you got. I want to get new bulbs or possibly an HID kit but wanted to see how they look at night/day. thanks in advance

Old 01-24-2010, 10:48 PM

hey check out the link on the bottom of my signature and that is my website and I have pics of my HID low and fog setup... I do not know the guy I bought them from ordered them but I could find out... let me know what you think...
________
Cheap Gamo Ts 22 22 Caliber Pellets

Last edited by Dirtman2009; 03-10-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:06 AM

Dirtman, Thanks for the response. What did those run you? Are they a plug and play set up? I have seen your tail lights for sale and I wasn't a fan but when I saw them on your cardomain I think I might get a set for myself. I really like the look of them. Great looking rig by the way everything goes well with each other.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:00 AM

i was looking to try the bi-xenon hid lighting kit but they're so expensive...i think i might just replace the bulbs

Old 01-25-2010, 05:07 PM

it was a bulb/wiring and a replacement ballast (spelling)? so i guess it would be just plug it in and they worked... the guy charged me 200 for the lows and the fogs... I went back 2 weeks ago looking to order some highs to add on my truck and the guy called the place where he gets them from and they told him they have not been able to come up w a high/low HID kit for the 09 H3 because of its wiring harness or something like that... but i appreciate your compliments on my truck, let me know what you decide to do and find..
________
VAPORIZER MANUFACTURERS

Last edited by Dirtman2009; 03-10-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:28 PM

Here are my hid's I have 6000k for the headlights and 8000k foglights. I hope you learn from my mistake and dont try to fly through ice mounds few days after it snows or your license plate will end up like mine.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tonyg41
Here are my hid's I have 6000k for the headlights and 8000k foglights.
I like the color of the fog lights, What brand and how much if you dont mind me asking? How long have you had yours? Notice any warping of the plastic lens/housing?

I am on the fence between HID and replacement bulbs. My biggest concern is melting harnesses or warping distorted OEM light housings from the increased light output temps. I used to have HID on my 03 escalade and miss the look/performance. I dont want to spend too much either. I figure about $100 a set is reasonable, if they hold up and last like my old stock cadillac ones did. I don't want to get a kit and have bulbs dieing out or damage done to my H3 as a result. Thats basically why I started this thread so I can make the best purchase possible and for anyone else thinking of doing the same. thanks again to all who have posted.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by JDTDBD
I like the color of the fog lights, What brand and how much if you dont mind me asking? How long have you had yours? Notice any warping of the plastic lens/housing?

I am on the fence between HID and replacement bulbs. My biggest concern is melting harnesses or warping distorted OEM light housings from the increased light output temps. I used to have HID on my 03 escalade and miss the look/performance. I dont want to spend too much either. I figure about $100 a set is reasonable, if they hold up and last like my old stock cadillac ones did. I don't want to get a kit and have bulbs dieing out or damage done to my H3 as a result. Thats basically why I started this thread so I can make the best purchase possible and for anyone else thinking of doing the same. thanks again to all who have posted.
They fogs and headlights are from ddmtuning.com each set which is the bulbs and the ballasts is 29.99 if you want the slim ballasts its 39.99 but the ignitor is outside the ballast basically creating another thing you have to figure out where to place lol. For the headlight bulbs I had switched them with a set from ebay. Reason being its almost impossible to get the h13 bulb with the harness connector alot of times you get them with two metal leads that may not even fit into the bulb socket. I believe its because h13 bulb type is newer and there is a patent still pending. I found a guy on ebay that was selling the bulbs with the connector. I got them for about 15 dollars shipped so my total costs between the h10 set the h13 and the extra set of bulbs cost me a total $75 +/-. I have no problems with heat at all on the housing because the bulb sits far from just about everything in housing. There is no issues with wire heat either for me. There are some others on here with hid's and have had no problems aswell. I love my lights and couldnt see myself using regular bulbs again. I have had these lights for about 3 months now. I bought them about a week or so after I got my h3.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:59 PM

I found an HID kit from a shop about an hour away from me. Paying about $75 for the 35w kit. I went with 8000k for both headlights and foglights. I will post somke pics as soon as I get them installed. Here is the website. http://www.hiddirectllc.com

Old 01-31-2010, 03:14 AM

Thats awesome you found a shop by you that has them, the guy that did my audio setup I found out does hid's.It was after I already upgraded and Im sure he would have ripped me off anyways lol. Ill be waiting to see pics keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Headlight/Foglight Bulb Replacement