PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Head Scratcher

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 12:33 PM

Thanks for your help...I will update as results continue.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:44 PM

That's what this forum is all about--> sharing information, resulting in saving others money$$$.

I only share my information on this site, because I am a proud owner of an H3

I have customers come into the shop and charge upto $129.00, just for the diagnosis.

This is a great site, with a ton of information, saving others some money$$$

Old 01-08-2014, 12:15 AM

New here so bare with me!! Haha! I'm having some the same problems,,,first started when I went to pass ole blue hair doing 25 inna 55,,,anyway,,,,as soon as I got around her the Hummer started bucking,,misfiring,,and would not got all,,,never cut off but all kinda lights and codes came on,,wouldn't get over 2k rpm's,,,bad loss of power,,,got out popped the hood didn't see anything wrong,,,,got back in and just cut the switch off and sat there trying to figure out what to do,,,,restarted it and seemed all was fine,,,,but still getting codes sayin running lean in 1st cylinder and misfiring in 1st cylinder,,,plus the traction control says failing and all kinds of stuff!! Changed the plugs,,,found out I hate coil packs,,I'll take an old disibuter and plug wires any day,,,,changed #1coil pack,,,changed map sensor,,,,changed varitible timing solenoid,,cleaned Mass air flow sensor,,,,,and still running like crap!!! And after starting gettin I'm getting a bad gas smell!!Gonna change Oxygen Sensor,too!! Anybody got anything?? I also looked for vacuum leaks,found none! HELP!!!! ???????????

Old 01-08-2014, 12:35 AM

Also it may go a month and the light not come back on,,,and just every once inna while it will do the bucking and loss of power thing,,but you can feel it has a skip in it at idle!! But it don't lose power every time the light comes on,,,,,I'm tired of buying parts,,,,I love the dang thing,,I've had it about a year and this started right after buying it!! May See another Hawg or Jeep Unlimited in the near future,,,,if this continues!!!

Old 01-08-2014, 06:34 AM

Did you do a compression test in cyl 1? What did plug 1 look like when you removed it...was it wet with gas? Might be worth the hour diagnostic at the dealer...

Old 01-08-2014, 02:06 PM

clean the injectors... GL

Old 01-08-2014, 06:02 PM

Did you already take care of the old water/moisture via hood problem?
Correct gap on spark plugs? This can be a significant impact.
TB clean...etc.
i would follow Hummerz ideas/thoughts/advise in this thread for resolution.
Hope it helps...

Update for myself: my girl is still puuurrring and running great.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:56 PM

Can some one help me out, been searching this site for help. This discussing come the closest. Info from the dealership:126469 Technition foundcylinder number 5 misfire code P0305 moved coils and plugs misfire stayed in cylinder5 technition verified misfire caused by leaking valves in cylinder number 5, estimate to replace cylinder head $4000.00. I have taken it to several mechanics which I have outted $100.00's. Still the same problem, had all the plugs replaced, replace the coil. My H3 still run rough when I crank up, after it warm up it run find. Any suggestions thanks in advance.

Old 01-09-2014, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by ltc spivey
Can some one help me out, been searching this site for help. This discussing come the closest. Info from the dealership:126469 Technition foundcylinder number 5 misfire code P0305 moved coils and plugs misfire stayed in cylinder5 technition verified misfire caused by leaking valves in cylinder number 5, estimate to replace cylinder head $4000.00. I have taken it to several mechanics which I have outted $100.00's. Still the same problem, had all the plugs replaced, replace the coil. My H3 still run rough when I crank up, after it warm up it run find. Any suggestions thanks in advance.
If a leak down test was done to verify the issue is in the head you most likely have a head issue...