PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Head and fog bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 02:57 PM
Default Head and fog bulbs?

Wishing to upgrade the stock H3 headlamp bulbs, including fogs. Has anyone purchased (WHITE) bulbs that will do the job without having to update the wiring harness. Simply looking for a lot of wattage that will plug and play. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Default RE: Head and fog bulbs?

You can always try the silverstars but you're not get much along the lines of wattage, just whiter light. I've always prefered those myself! Those should run $15-$20 each, or at least it has for me in the past.
I did see an HID conversion kit for the H3 somewhere though ... I can dig it up if you need it. You're shellin' out some bucks for em though.

Old 10-24-2006, 07:07 PM

Thanks Zyne. I will look into your suggestion. Put HIDs on my new Yukon and had nothing but trouble. Think I'll stay away from them.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:16 PM

Silverstar has a new ultra light out now. It works very well.Name:  wink2.gif
Views: 103
Size:  593 Bytes

Old 10-24-2006, 11:40 PM

Really!?!? Better than the old trusted ones? Is it safe to assume AutoZone carries them since they had the old ones?

Yep, I had probs with HID both in my Avalanche and in my RAM SRT-10 but worked through em. Don't think it was worth the hassle and I've always been happy with the old SilverStars. Can't beat the bang for the buck!

Old 10-24-2006, 11:42 PM

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

Really!?!? Better than the old trusted ones? Is it safe to assume AutoZone carries them since they had the old ones?

Yep, I had probs with HID both in my Avalanche and in my RAM SRT-10 but worked through em. Don't think it was worth the hassle and I've always been happy with the old SilverStars. Can't beat the bang for the buck!

Yea, AZ has them. and I believe there is a rebate on them also.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:02 AM

Rebate!? My kind of language! I'm picking up a set tomorrow! Will try to take some pics showing the difference ...

Old 10-25-2006, 12:02 PM

You guys are a wealth of knowledge/information and saving me $$$ also.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:18 AM

Hi guys, I'm new here and you guys already answered what I was going to ask. I was driving home in the pouring rain down back roads the other night coming home from work and the stock lights were terrible. I've only had my H3 for about a month now and was looking to upgrade the lights. Thanks for your help. Going to the auto parts store tomorrow.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:35 PM

Just replaced all my front bulbs with Silverstars. Advanced Auto parts has them on sale this week. They didn't have the Ultras but the Silverstars make a major difference.

Quick Reply: Head and fog bulbs?