PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Have you ever caught a vandal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 06:56 PM
Default Have you ever caught a vandal?

A buddy of mine and friend of his go to a movie, seems normal enough right? After the movie they feel a bit hungry, so they head back to the car so they can grab a bite to eat.
My buddy sees about 3-4 kids standing around his car. He said they were saying stuff like "oh sh*t yo!" He couldn't tell if it was in a mocking manner or not.
After getting closer he noticed that the loudest one (probably the leader) take a key to the paint from the front end of the vehicle to the back, now granted that while even though my friend does not drive an H1, H2 or H3, but rather a Mitsubishi Evolution, I'm sure we can all still relate to the situation.
Anyways my buddy and his friend take off towards the leader kid (probably age 17-19) and just tackle the guy, now I'm not saying it was the right thing but I'm sure it must have felt damn good.

The kid left with a broken nose and fat lip, and his friends bolted at the first sign of trouble.

Now my buddy is faced with a $700.00 bill to fix his Evo. All because some kid thought it would be fun to key someone's car.

I've seen tons of threads on endless forums about vehicles being vandalized. It's sad that someone would be so angry or unhappy with their life that they would vandalize someone else's pride and joy; something that person spent their own hard earned cash on.

Anyways I made this thread because I want people to talk about catching a vandal in the act. For a change let's hear some stories about these punks getting caught! [:@]

Old 08-24-2006, 07:16 PM
Default RE: Have you ever caught a vandal?

That's a real upsetting story..And I have a personal Gun Permit and I am pretty much a Republican on a lot of issues..

So my solution would try to keep from killing the miserable little bastard...But Get his *** in the backseat of a police car with a one way ticket to jail...I don't know...I hope I never find myself in that situation...I pray that for the kid's sake.

Old 08-24-2006, 08:00 PM

It would be nice to catch them in the act. I have had my truck for 3 weeks now and it has gotten spit on and someone threw a rock it and broke the windshield. I wish I would have caught them.

Old 08-24-2006, 08:34 PM

I'm wit dennis on this. I also have a permit, and it would take all I have not to blast the little disrespectfull bast@rd. Don't even get me started on how the kids act these days. When I was younger, doing something like that would have never crossed my mind.[sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 08-25-2006, 04:18 PM

I've pulled a gun on a vandel before and I would do it again if given the chance. I find it amusing watching them squirm, plus after looking down a barrel I doubt they would do it again, unlike the tough 3 hours they would spend in jail if the cops are called.

Old 08-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

When I was younger, my house was broken into twice, two years in a row, the same week (pure coincidence) and this was not in a bad neighborhood. The second year (I think I was 10 or 11) my mother came home for lunch and caught the kids still in the house. They had the nerve to run to my own grade school and call for a pickup. Well, they caught them and they were only teens. That's the short version. Ever since then, I get really ticked when someone steals or damages anybody else's property. I had a car broken into once too. I work my *** off for everything I have and so should everybody else. If you want something, earn it, and don't take it away from someone that earned it themselves.

Old 08-25-2006, 05:39 PM

I have a permit to carry too....My husband about fell over last year when I wanted to get a gun. We live pretty secluded and I'm alone alot....also crime has gotten pretty bad in the nearest town. I refuse to be a victim. I'm not a "tough" woman, either....I'm about as "girley" as they come....but God help the little bastard that I find keying my car[sm=violent053.gif]

Old 08-25-2006, 05:48 PM

I too have a carry permit just like the other two Pittsburgh guys on this thread. I wonder why? But yes I would have to say that I would probably need bailed out of jail if I caught some F%$K messing with my truck..

Old 08-29-2006, 02:34 AM

I caught a vandal this morning. Actually he was a police officer. I complained to his superior officer and they cleaned up the mess.

I guess he watched Internal Affairs to many times, right Dennis?

Old 09-04-2006, 03:51 AM

I had forgoten some books in my car one night and went downstairs into our apartment building's underground garage when I lived in NYC. As the side door closed behind me, and could not be opened from the inside, I saw 2 feet sticking out from inside my car. As the garage door slammed the guy under my dash got out of my car just as 2 of his friends got out of my neightbors car. All three of them came at me with what turned out to be sharpened screw drivers. I was trapped in a corner but I am sure what saved my life was my Colt Officer's Model. These were not just car theives but the type of street people that like to hurt people and killing was no big deal from them. The neightborhood I lived in was a good area but a short way from there was Jamaica where I worked and where some of our staff were used as target practice on what must have been a slow night for the creeps. This was a very dangerous drug area. On a summer night with my work window open I could hear them selling guns right under the window.
It was interesting that the creep had somehow gotten under my lowered Camaro and ripped out both the alarm sirens and they were lying on the floor besides my car. I saw them the same time I saw the feet. My car was robbed so many times there that I stopped locking it as I could not afford to take any more time off from work to get the windows fixed and the insurance was not going to cover them anymore. I did have a Chapman lock the prevented them from opening the hood. After that I got a silent pager alarm but what was funny was that my neighbors cars continued to be robbed but my car was from then on always left alone. Something about that big bore size of a .45 pointing at your face I guess.I was very lucky I did not have to shoot anyone that night but I know they knew I would if they had taken one more step closer. They got to within 12 feet of me.
That was not the scariest situation I was ever in. Being in the middle of the desert, in the middle of nowhere and meeting up with what I can only imagine was a serial killer is something that still scares me even 30 years latter. If I was not armed my wife and I would have been buried out there- I am sure.

Quick Reply: Have you ever caught a vandal?