PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

In Hatteras on the beach with the H3

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 07:00 AM
Talking In Hatteras on the beach with the H3

Like Nothing Else. Pretty much says it all. We headed straight to the beach when we got down here, dropped the air pressure and headed out on the cape... fantastic!! I haven't been able to get the grin off my face for two days!! Got to pull a guy out in a Dodge Ram that lost his 4x4. (Using low range is key). I didn't allow my wife to take pictures as I remembered what it was like for me to be stuck last year and my mother-in-law snapping away! Plus it was a Dodge, and I have two myself. There are plenty of city folks down here in jeeps though, you can bet, those pics will be taken when I pull them out. Can't say enough about the GY Dura-Tracs, dropped them to 18psi and talk about a footprint! We joined the North Carolina Beach Buggy Association and sponsored a group fighting to preserve our right to drive on the beach. First upgrade for next year is a quality compressor to pump up the meats again. We already booked this house for Memorial day and Labor Day 2010 if any others will be down here then for H3 on the beach picture day and possibly a BBQ, just a thought but I may try to set something up. Here's a couple pics of my happiness!

Attached Thumbnails In Hatteras on the beach with the H3-h3-beach-1.jpg   In Hatteras on the beach with the H3-h3-fishing.jpg  
Old 09-07-2009, 11:07 AM

Looks like fun! I need to look into hitting the beach down in Galveston. I've heard it's a good time. Good for you not adding to the Ram's embarrassment.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:19 PM

Looks awesome fun, i need to take mine somewhere fun. just outa curiosity, its not bad to go on the beach with it? 1: sand gets into every damn place 2: salt water?

Old 09-07-2009, 11:10 PM

I definitely wouldn't want to drive everyday on the beach with it, salt water itself isn't really a problem unless you've had a really bad day and ended up in the surf, at that point, rust and corrosion is the least of your worries. The "mist" that comes off the ocean does leave a film that I wouldn't assume is healthy, even does numbers on sunglasses.I try to spray it off every evening. I have seen a lot of guys down here that have rigged up two of the back and forth style, cheap lawn sprinklers to a board and then drive over it slowly in their driveway to clean off the undercarriage. Great idea and I plan on going to the hardware store to build my own in the morning. As for the sand, it's not like mud and you don't want to ever get the tires to lose traction and spin, slow and steady wins the race on the beach big time, so sand doesn't get thrown too much if you do it right. Now my wife and dog... well let's just say they are apparently bringing half of the OBX back with them in the H3!! Interior is sandy, good thing I got the Husky floor liners!

Old 09-08-2009, 12:18 AM

Oh i see, thats very true. it was the mist that i really meant. i guess the H3 is high enough (if you dont mind getting wet) for a little roll under the car with the hose. I did take it to a beach once, well wasnt really a beach since it was all 100% rocks, like giant pebbles. and it performed amazingly. with ease .

haha wife and dog, easily outdo nature huh? :P

Old 09-08-2009, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by panamera
Looks awesome fun, i need to take mine somewhere fun. just outa curiosity, its not bad to go on the beach with it? 1: sand gets into every damn place 2: salt water?
I have always been of the mindset that a week at the beach is nothing compared to an entire Detroit winter of salt and slush packed up under the car. In the scheme of things, I'd say have fun, no worries!

Canyon...looks like an awesome time! You are way more mature than me! I have pics of my Jeep rescue when I was down there!

Old 09-08-2009, 05:38 PM

heres a pic of my ride at the water front. thats a bit of NZ for you's lol.

Attached Thumbnails In Hatteras on the beach with the H3-dsc05233xx.jpg