PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Has anyone done this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 11:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tram
... and we've come full circle.. LOL..

You could mount 25,000 lights to the front - but you're right, only 4 can be on at any one time.. I already said that..

Man, even us redneck nobodies can afford the iPhone.. I was the first in my park to get one.. My sister/wife/cousin lady has one too.. It'll do your and you're for you..
Gotcha it looks like you are saying just having the lights is breaking the law; which is why a lot of lights are sold as "off road use only". You can install them, just not use them unless your off the road.

I will never support Apple. There will never be an ipod, ipad, imac, iphone etcetera in my house.

Besides, the iphone just isn't very proffesional in my opinion; the blackberry is much more business oriented and easier to use.

PLUS I break stuff. So a touch-screen+my sloppy self=broken 600$ phone.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by 85_305
Gotcha it looks like you are saying just having the lights is breaking the law; which is why a lot of lights are sold as "off road use only". You can install them, just not use them unless your off the road.
Yeh, I could see where it would come off like that.. Nah, having them isn't illegal, using them on-road all at once is..
I will never support Apple. There will never be an ipod, ipad, imac, iphone etcetera in my house.
Yeh, I'm not a huge fan of Mac stuff.. I avoided an iPod for a long time.. The company is actually talking about giving us all iPads to mount in the cockpits though, that'd rock..
Besides, the iphone just isn't very proffesional in my opinion; the blackberry is much more business oriented and easier to use.
Yeh, I could see where the blackberry would be better for a business man or something like that.. I use it as a phone and gadget.. I love it, but I can't wait to see the phone that dethrones it..
PLUS I break stuff. So a touch-screen+my sloppy self=broken 600$ phone.
I bought my wife an iPhone.. We got home from the store, she stepped out of the car and we head this sickening crack... Yep.. She'd had it about 45 minutes..

Old 08-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Banned

iphones are certainly neat to use as "gadgets". There are a few phones out like that (like the droid I think?) that do some pretty cool things. My blackberry can download apps and stuff to, which are pretty useful. But the bberry has most everything I need in my life right now. My blackberry is right up there with the 2000$ pocket 'puter's everybody had back in the late 90's/early 2000's.

Anything with a big screen, anything that flips, rotates or has a touch screen is a no-go for me. I'm just too harsh and put too many miles on my phones.

Old 08-05-2010, 02:04 PM

Nothing compares to the iPhone at the moment. Proof positive, thousands of people who literally hate AT&T are subscribers right now for no other reason than they are the exclusive provider. For people really tough on devices you just toss an otterbox defender on it. It boils down to different strokes, all kinds of capable devices out there but you'd be hard pressed to get mine out of my cold dead hand.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Banned

I toyed with my buddies when they first came out. That guy couldn't even get internet access or send/recieve pics/mms. It was pathetic. Granted, they can now. But still.

The reason people flock to the iphone is because it looks "cute", is an Apple, and you can download cool little foo foo gadgets lol.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by 85_305
cool little foo foo gadgets lol.
lol!!!

Old 08-05-2010, 04:12 PM

Tram,

You, or somebody, said that more then 4 lights "facing forward" was illegal. Our law states that it's illegal when more then 4 are burned. I knew this.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Banned

Ya it was tram but he admitted to typing it poorly. It's true; like he said you can have 25,000 lights facing forward, as long as only 4 are illuminated whilst on-road.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:28 PM

It's one of those laws that cops here just do not enforce, unless of course, it's the extreme (i.e., 16 lights illuminated)

Did you know that in SC it's also against the law to commit adultery? Again, one of those laws that's overlooked.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:34 PM

it's looking really good, east vs. west

Quick Reply: Has anyone done this?