PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Has anyone done this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by jeffwhiteis
what's typical?
A cop thinking that just because he is a cop the law doesn't apply to him.

I bet you drive Mach 3 down the highway at lunch time to get to hardees, or make it home because you have to poop, and then turn right around and pull someone else over and cite them for doing the very same thing.

That sir, is what he meant when he said "typical."

Old 07-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah.................... er somethin?

Back to the topic..... never saw it done yet, and there isn't a whole lot of strength out there so I'm pretty sure you would have to devise some kind of bracket.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:14 AM

sorry....I was in a pretty bad mood when I posted that. I retract.

Do you mean something like this?

Old 07-31-2010, 08:12 AM

I think he's talking about these holes

Name:  eCIMG0026aux_lights.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  91.6 KB

I bet there's some car out there with the right size headlight that would fit that, would take A LOT of researching to find it

Old 07-31-2010, 08:43 AM

Tackett,

First off, this a HUMMER forum, it's not a roundtable for your ranting, and nor is it an 8th grade chat room. Grow up.

Secondly, I don't conduct that type of police work. Those are silly traffic offenses, leave that the Troopers. I do real police work.

Thirdly, in regards to your "typical" comment - - clearly, you have an issue with authority. Now, whether that's because you have no authority in your own life, or perhaps you just "hate the police" - which is "typically" the result of someone who just continually breaks the law. Now, I'm not sure what your particular issue is, but I'm certain you fall into one of these categories.

Fourthly, I'm never amazed at the level of ignorance by certain citizens, such as yourself. Police Officers have a stressful & dangerous job. Most people who cry 'police corruption' and "typical cop" define a corrupt cop ot typical cop as the one who gave them a valid ticket. And you've only further proven the public spotlight propaganda; good cops don't make the news, only the few bad ones do.

Lastly, I deal with scum and the lowest of the low on a daily basis. I am confronted with danger, stress and heartache each day. I also help individuals everyday, and I enjoy my job, and in return, obtain very little thank you's.

If this earns me the right to put 2 extra lights on my vehicle, well then hey, so be it.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:41 AM

someone did it or their H2. check out this link, he put strobes in that gap. Here is a link
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=39821

Old 07-31-2010, 10:30 AM
Default Finished Product

Well, on a side note, I installed them today. Only took a few cuttin' to get them to fit. There DEFINTELY not as good as the Hummer H2 you just mentioned of, but here are the pics:

---

Old 07-31-2010, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by jeffwhiteis
Tackett,

First off, this a HUMMER forum, it's not a roundtable for your ranting, and nor is it an 8th grade chat room. Grow up.

Secondly, I don't conduct that type of police work. Those are silly traffic offenses, leave that the Troopers. I do real police work.

Thirdly, in regards to your "typical" comment - - clearly, you have an issue with authority. Now, whether that's because you have no authority in your own life, or perhaps you just "hate the police" - which is "typically" the result of someone who just continually breaks the law. Now, I'm not sure what your particular issue is, but I'm certain you fall into one of these categories.

Fourthly, I'm never amazed at the level of ignorance by certain citizens, such as yourself. Police Officers have a stressful & dangerous job. Most people who cry 'police corruption' and "typical cop" define a corrupt cop ot typical cop as the one who gave them a valid ticket. And you've only further proven the public spotlight propaganda; good cops don't make the news, only the few bad ones do.

Lastly, I deal with scum and the lowest of the low on a daily basis. I am confronted with danger, stress and heartache each day. I also help individuals everyday, and I enjoy my job, and in return, obtain very little thank you's.

If this earns me the right to put 2 extra lights on my vehicle, well then hey, so be it.

Dude, I apologized. I have had bad experiences with the local police, both city and stateys. Ive never been able to get any of the police to do anything, I was having a bad day and generalizing. Again I apologize. I am an RN and I know what its like to be a underappreciated public servant.

Thank you for all your hard work.

You lights look badass dude.

Edit: I dont break the law. The reason I have a bad attitude toward police is because Ive had someone B&E into my house like 5 times and steal stuff out of it. twice when my wife was home. She called 911 and no one ever showed, both times. Its been 5 months since the first incident, Weve dialed 911 every time, and it continues to happen. We cant even get someone out to take a report. Then to top it all off I get cited yesterday by a statey while I was going to work for having a brakelight out. Im thinking about taking a few days off work, hiding my car, and waiting with a gun in the house for the dude to come back. But my luck I would be going to court over it, have to hire an attorney and spend a lot of money I dont have. This, is the reason I was so negative towards police in my post.

edit again: I don't watch the "news." I find it all biased and overdramatized.

Last edited by Tackett; 07-31-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:45 PM

no problem man, i read that this morning and i, too, was a little grumpy...haha. anyway, thanks for the nice words...

now, back to the lights, lol, i saw the ones that the H2 guy did and was wondering how he got that plastic/rubber trim around the lens. i tried making my own out of a sheet of rubber, but it didnt turn out well.

anyone know where i can make that trim/gasket like he did?

Old 07-31-2010, 02:00 PM

The job the guy did on his H2 might look more like factory install, but I'll bet yours will work better! Your lens were designed for your lights, and will give you a better beam dispersion. As far as the trim, this link might get you going. Click on the 'Edge Trim' section. Good luck!
http://www.mcmaster.com/#rubber-edging/=87bjyk

Quick Reply: Has anyone done this?