PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Harassment or fruit loop?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Default Harassment or fruit loop?

Just bought myself a new Hummer H2 with only 11,000 miles on it, never been in the rain or snow. Looks brand new, I am thrilled..... was...

Now for the bad news. I took it out for a ride today with my ten year old son and stopped at Staples. When I got out there was a note on my door that basically said "People make a difference except you A-hole gas guzzler".

Needless to say I was totally shocked. Has anyone else experienced this kind of harassment or did I come across some fruit loop.

I was really excited to take this out for its first ride and needless to say this put a big damper on the whole experience. I tried to do a search in this forum to see if this is common but nothing came up.

I have fought for this country and would like to think I can live my life the way I want without some communist idealist trying to tell me how to do it.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:19 PM

Congratulations on your new Hummer! I have a 2006 Hummer H2 SUT, this is the third Hummer I have owned. I had a similar experience with the first Hummer I purchased in 2003. It was sunset orange in color and I hadn't cleaned it and someone wrote in the dust on the side of the Hummer some anti-war comments. I couldn't believe it! Unfortunately, there are some really nasty people out there that need to learn to keep their suggestions and comments to themselves. Don't let it discourage you from driving your new toy. I noticed you are from Massachusetts, I live in Andover so maybe I'll see you around.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:35 PM

Newburyport, right around the corner skicranmore. I am still shocked that there are people out there that feel the need to tell me how to live my life and spend whatever money I want on fuel. Not to mention that my Hummer barely burns anymore fuel then my Expedition. Never got any notes on that SUV in the last 10 years I owned it. I guess if any good comes out of this they did not key the Hummer... but still I was flabbergasted that people had the audacity to try and tell me how to spend my fuel money.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:15 PM

Beware the Greenies... They are bad on the East Coast especially toward the H2 I hear. Use to be bad,, only here random stuff anymore though.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:27 PM

Great... First the comies now the greenies..... what have we come to if we cannot live life they way we want to. What is even more perplexing is that I am not hurting anyone driving my H2 is this really greenie cause or just jealousy?

Gotta say this is a real eye opener. Have friends that are "green" supporters but if this is their moto I have no respect whatsoever for them and makes me loose all support for their cause.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

Got some flack over my H2s but not on the H1s. They usually like to leave notes since they don't have the ***** to say anything to your face. Don't worry about them.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:41 PM

I had someone comment on how bad my h3 was for the environment. Just take it with a grain and keep calm and mud on brotha. From canada

Old 03-03-2013, 07:53 PM

Wow, right around the corner Cryonics! Newburyport is a great location, especially during the summer months. My sister and brother-in-law use to live there but relocated to North Carolina, military career reasons. So what color is your new Hummer? Mine is black, the SUT model. I'll keep an eye out for you in my travels up to that area

Old 03-03-2013, 09:43 PM

Well this is kinda embarrassing. Just found out tonight that my wife and 16 year old son where the culprits. They saw my Hummer at Staples and decided to play a joke and leave the note. Needless to say I was both relieved and ticked. They are banned from ridding in the Hummer for two months. :-)

Sorry for the false Alarm, the greenies have not yet invaded Newburyport. Also appreciate all the support from you guys. Will post pics at some point.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:03 PM

Good idea to ban them from the Hummer for a couple of months... I would make em wash and detail it a few times as well...