PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Happy Birthday America From Muddy Acres!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator

or else you will have one hell of a bon-fire at Muddy Acres like we did....

Name:  DSC01148.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  80.8 KB

Old 07-31-2011, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator

Name:  DSC01145.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  79.8 KB

Old 07-31-2011, 01:50 AM

YEAH!!! That was the best time of my life so far! Those turned out AMAZING! Such great detail, and those flames are very unforgiving.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator

We've had some fun here.... too bad Jake could only stay a short time...

Old 07-31-2011, 01:59 AM

I remember it like it was only a few weeks ago!

Old 07-31-2011, 01:59 AM
Super Moderator

yeah.... and you've gotten to come here a couple times...

Old 07-31-2011, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Recovery21
I have no idea where to even start with that... As long as you know what's going on, that's all that matters. Oh well, I hope everything works out for you. As long as you want it to work out. If not, you will figure out how to make it work. If you can't, it wasn't meant to work. But if you can, it can work. So get working!

LOL, well I don't want to be the superstitious type but the way my luck seems to run at times lately I almost hate not to be. This was a weird/lucky circumstance. So here's a little of it, back story first, lol.

Used to ride ATV's, dirt bikes etc. growing up but haven't had many oppertunites since I moved from the "country"/farmlands (tobacco country near South Of The Border on I95) to the beach back in the 90's but last Christmas purchased my son and myself ATV's. See if he'll be interested in something I used to enjoy and someting we can do as father and son. So I'm always on the hunt for places to ride other than some family owned land back there (hour away). Well my sister inlaw was visiting the other day (my wife's and her parents and her family live in another town just south of my old location) and her husband just picked up a nice used ATV about a month ago, don't hang out with him much but won't pass on an oppertunity to go riding with a fellow rider if the chance presents itself.

Well, she began telling me about her husband and her son riding all last weekend and how much fun they had. Really neat place to ride she said. He had happend to meet a gentleman through someone he works with that has a little place that he lets a few people ride at sometimes. Then she asked me if I ever heard of this place. I almost fell out when she asked me as I know this place well. It used to be a great spot to go wheeling our 4x4's back in the 80's. Middle of no where too but near I95. No one could ever figure out who the land belonged to and the owner didn't seem to ever care about the land being used or either just allowed it. Sometimes you would see 20+30 stock, slightly modified all the way to rigs with tractor tires on them (set up like swamp buggies in Florida) plus any amount of dirt bikes 4 wheelers, 3 wheelers. There where hills, huge sand dunes swamps, you name it, unusual terrain for the area (other than the swamps, lol).

Story was it was a huge sand quarrey used when I95 was built or during an upgrade, hope to get the real story though soon.............when I meet with the current land owner . I also happend to find out that he is good friends with some of my inlaw's family members. My wife's stepfather know's him pretty well also. He said that he has over the years dug out some additional ponds/lakes and stocked with fish, put up a locked gate, added some basic hook ups for anyone that want's to camp (not sure how basic but like I said, in the middle of now where, lol) and allows some local church and scout groups to camp and fish there. He also allows a small amount of people/ groups he knows and is referred to him though friends to ride ATV's, dirt bikes AND 4X4's !!!! You pay him a very small fee and go ride unrestricted all weekend or daily other than the obvious "No alcohol/drugs" rule. He also, if he approves you and you pay a yearly fee, will give you a key to the gate and you can come and go whenever as you please.

Soooo, I hope to meet with this gentleman in another two weeks or so as soon as I can schedule it (vacation coming up), go check out the land (about 2 hours from me) and hopefully if he likes me get a key . Then go jump on the ATV for some scouting of the land for you know what . If that works out and looks promising do a little talking about some groups other than the church or scouts that could be allowed to ride .

That's all I'll say for now, lol. Now go cross you're fingers for me , hopefully it will be a good luck finger cross for just more than myself if you know what I mean .

Last edited by beachbum; 07-31-2011 at 02:26 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Muddydawg75
or else you will have one hell of a bon-fire at Muddy Acres like we did....

MUSIC TO BURN BY:
‪Dokken - Into the Fire‬‏ - YouTube
‪Johnny Cash - Ring Of Fire (From "Live At Montreux 1994" DVD)‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-31-2011, 02:43 AM

The sound of it burning was music enough. Plus we had an excellent view of at least four firework shows! It was great.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:31 AM

I'll be at Rausch Creek for the Labor Day weekend run.
Looking forward to the Friday night discussions

Quick Reply: Happy Birthday America From Muddy Acres!