PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hankook tires?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 11:23 AM

I also like the black out. here is a pic of mine. Cooper 315/75/16s. Another selling point to me was the manager of the Cooper tire store in Texarkana was running them on his F250 4x4. I went out and looked at them. He threw me the keys and said run it down the road. I only went a couple miles down and back but they were very quiet and rode well. I noticed they were down to only about 1/2 to 5/8's tread left. I ask him how many miles he had on them. He said 42,000. I said your kiddin? He told me that he had seen 60k on several sets before time to replace. He said the trick was keeping close eye on tire pressure, alignment, and regular rotation. Didn't hurt that he ran and worked at a frickin tire store. But I have been watching my tire pressure regularly (Nitrogen Filled) and rotation every 5,000 miles.

Attached Thumbnails Hankook tires?-side-view.jpg   Hankook tires?-img00340.jpg   Hankook tires?-lh-frt-corner.jpg   Hankook tires?-img00352.jpg  
Old 02-13-2010, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by JDTDBD
I am currently running what came with the Hummer from the dealer. 285/70/16s. Hankook Dynapros ATM RF10 tread pattern kinda remind me of the nitto terra grapplers. I looked them up and they run about $180 a tire for my size (285) and I think anywhere from $135-$160 for your size (265) depending on your load rating. I like them, they are quiet on the highway and have worked great in the last couple of snow storms. I have a steep hill that is combined with a hard turn that runs a half mile and the tires grip fine going up and work great with the braking system coming back down. I wouldn't consider them a cheap tire. I have only had the truck for a month and a half so I couldnt tell u anything about tread ware.
Here is an article from Four Wheeler on the tire. http://www.fourwheeler.com/techartic...est/index.html
and here is another from Petersons that said the Hankook did better the BFG and Toyo on sandy rock that is usually a great test of a tire.
http://www.fourwheeler.com/techartic...est/index.html

I think I am gonna get the tires flipped their first rotation, not a fan of white lettering, at least not on the hummer.
I too am running the Dynapros and love them, I orderd mine from Discounttiredirect.com for 147 a piece with free shipping, Plus mine came as black lettered. I am running 265/75/18's great tires for the money

Old 02-13-2010, 02:45 PM

I was going to say that I thought the white letter tires looked cool.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:54 PM

I had Hankook tires on my 2500HD Silverado. Great tire, quiet on road, great traction in loose dirt and rocks. Never wheeled the truck in mud though so can't say good or bad on that.
Hankooks are inexpensive compared to other more well known tire brands, but are NOT a cheaply made tire.

And as far as those American tire companies named. They are all global companies producing tires in many different countries. The tires you choose may or may not have been made in the US.

Last edited by Bunger; 02-13-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
I would go for an American made tire like the Coopers, BG Goodrich or Goodyears.
You don't just want American made, you also want American owned. BF Goodrich is owned by Michelin (French), Firestone is owned by Bridgestone (Japan), General is owned by Continental (German)
Cooper, Goodyear and Dunlop are American owned brands.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Zip Tie Man5
I too am running the Dynapros and love them, I orderd mine from Discounttiredirect.com for 147 a piece with free shipping, Plus mine came as black lettered. I am running 265/75/18's great tires for the money
Most SUV AT/MT tires have the white lettering on one side and blacked out on the other so the buyer has the option, check the inside of your tires, might be dirty but there should be white lettering on them.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:51 PM

I bought my Coopers at the Factory store. The Cooper tire factory is right here in Texarkana. Huge place and just put on a night shift they are so busy. Mine are American made and right here local. In fact I got three guys I duck hunt with that work there. Two on the tire line. One keeps telling me that he put a little "love Oil" on my set, personally.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:31 AM

Thank you all for the help. Discounttire has the tire (Dynapro ATM RF 10 - 265/75/16) for $100 a tire. Which is why I *thought* they were "cheap". But maybe it's just a really good deal. And after seeing them on the H3 (thanks for the photos!) I like them more than I thought I would.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:21 PM

Heres my setup, 18 inch Vtech Offroad wheels with teflon coating. Got a really great deal from discounttiredirect.com, 5 wheels/tires, new lug nut set with gorilla locks, new TPS sensors all balanced and inflated with free shipping all for under $1500 !

Attached Thumbnails Hankook tires?-dsc00407.jpg  
Old 02-16-2010, 09:00 PM

Zip-How long ago did you order those? I like the all dark and thats a killer price...

Quick Reply: Hankook tires?