PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3T is amazing

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Default H3T is amazing

I bought an all blacked out H3T last week. I just came back from the first ride on the soft graveley beaches here. It was amazing. I have been driving on these beaches since the 1970s. I have owned dune buggys, a Jeep CJ3a, a Jeep CJ3b with a Rancho lift and 33 x 12.50s, a CJ7 with a posi rear and a Corvette engine, a Dodge 1500 4wd with a posi rear, an Isuzu Trooper 4 cyl (a better off road SUV than you would think) a Dodge Ramcharger with 36's on it, and a Land Rover Discovery II. All of these vehicles were used off road and to pull boats out across the beach here with no ramp. Our H3T has the locking front and rear axles, 33" tires and the I5 engine. I just drove all over the soft beach including very soft sloping areas leading down to the water. In most vehicles you must look ahead and avoid the soft areas and avoid sharp turns especially up the beach. I was able to drive anywhere. When we left the ramp up off the beach was a sheet of ice. At least one wheel had traction and we went right up. The cool part was its a cold day and I didnt feel like airing down the tires. All of this was with 37 psi! Right after that I hauled a load of firewood home in the pickup bed. Friday I used the Hummer to show property to 3 high end architects. They had plenty of room and were impressed with the car. This car has more utility than my Land Rover, is BETTER off the road, and is fine for high end meetings if slightly less plush. Buy one if you can find one. I think these H3ts may be collector's items.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:35 PM

Very COOL!!!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 08:42 PM

I am feeling your excitement. I got mine about 3 weeks ago and I absolutely love it! Have not had it any sand but lots of snow and the truck is amazing!
This truck with my BFG's and I can go anywhere...

Old 02-04-2009, 06:30 AM

Last night a friend called me and said his full sized Toyota Tacoma 4wd pickup had slid off the driveway at a house he was moving out of. The front wheels were hanging off the cliff and the stuck truck was making it impossible for the new owners of the house to leave. At first I was sure a winch would be required. There was about 4 inches of snow over ice on the driveway. I chained the H3 to the tow hook on the front of the Tacoma, locked the differentials and dragged it SIDEWAYS off the edge with so little effort we were both amazed. He could have called a tow truck to do this but is hurting for money right now. Its good to be owed a favor.