PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3's - Are they easy to steal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Default RE: H3's - Are they easy to steal?

Van, didn't see anything. Apparently they don't publish a local list, at least not that I can see. Guessing that since the Hummer's don't show on any of the National list that it isn't a real threat.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

Actually RMD my experiences with Onstar have been impressive. I am sure that they have the occasional screw up but I have been impressed. Don't know about Onstar GPS but a GPS unit with a geohelix antenna will work just fine indoors. In fact my Map60 csx works perfectly downstairs, in the car, in my office, etc. I am sure you could bury it far enough that it wouldn't work. I think I'll check with Onstar on that issue.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:36 PM
RMD

ORIGINAL: 3hummers

Actually RMD my experiences with Onstar have been impressive. I am sure that they have the occasional screw up but I have been impressed. Don't know about Onstar GPS but a GPS unit with a geohelix antenna will work just fine indoors. In fact my Map60 csx works perfectly downstairs, in the car, in my office, etc. I am sure you could bury it far enough that it wouldn't work. I think I'll check with Onstar on that issue.
Now that brings up a very good point. I wonder what kind of GPS antenna is on the hummer and where is it located. The antenna on the roof is the XM antenna but has a very broad base which could be housing a patch GPS antenna. Then there is a clear circle on the RH side dash that maybe could be a GPS ant. but also could be a photo cell to operate the automatic lights feature. My H3X came with built in Navigation system, although i have not had time to learn how to use it yet, so i know it also has to have a GPS antenna, but may be sharing an antenna with OnStar. I also have the Garmin Map60csx, and it is awesome, but it gets its superior performance from the SirfIII chip inside, not the helix-coil antenna. The older 60 cs had the very same antenna but the older chip and it had sorry reception under cover. But my csx gets reception in my house, but can be buried deep enough to get no recetion at all. (Like in my glove box) - As for OnStar, happy to hear someone with good luck.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:53 AM

I have the nav from the factory on my H3 and I love it. The onstar is great, I have had nothing but good service and they have been very helpful at all times.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:11 AM

My H3 has stolen my heart and soul

Old 01-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

if you are worried about it just drive around with a 1/4 tank of gas... they won't get far...

Old 01-05-2008, 11:19 AM

That's funny

Old 01-05-2008, 02:02 PM

The H3s also have the chip in your car key so they need that to get the car started.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

if you are worried about it just drive around with a 1/4 tank of gas... they won't get far...

[sm=hail.gif]and you won't get the full tank tilt.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:55 PM

I thought that we established that the key doesn't have a transponder in it? Many users on here stated that they are using Hardware Store cut keys with now problems? Maybe the newer 08's do? I know neither one of mine have one.

Quick Reply: H3's - Are they easy to steal?