PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3R Concept from SEMA

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 07:58 AM
Default H3R Concept from SEMA

Great concept from this year's SEMA show! I especially like the big fender flares with the 35" tires, hope somebody decides to sell a kit someday.

Hummer H3R Off-Road

Thanks primarily to the efforts of the Team HUMMER racing team, led by Rod Hall, the HUMMER H3 has quickly proved to be a formidable off-road competitor. It runs – and wins – in stock-class off-road races, where racers must rely on production chassis and powertrains. The H3R pays homage to the racing SUV while pushing the envelope on what could be considered “stock” – supposing the factory decided to drop in the 505-horsepower, 7.0L V-8 from the Corvette Z06. In addition to the high-powered engine, the H3R also sports a number of racing-inspired exterior modifications and an interior that blends racing functionality with boulevard comfort and convenience. No, a production H3 equipped with an LS7 engine isn’t in the cards, but for 2008, HUMMER offers the H3 Alpha, which is powered by a new, 300-hp 5.3L all-aluminum V-8.

Vehicle highlights:
[ul][*]H3R concept[*]LS7 7.0L V-8 with 505 horsepower and Hydra-Matic 4L60 electronically controlled four-speed transmission[*]Custom valve covers and ignition coil covers[*]New, forward-tilting hood with Lexan see-through insert[*]Power-operated hood hinges[*]Custom air induction system with dual air boxes[*]Racing-inspired paint scheme with custom badging[*]Off-road lighting package with unique light bar[*]Custom rear dual exhaust system with four outlets[*]Wheel flares with quick-remove fasteners[*]HID headlamps from Starr Lighting[*]Clear front corner lamp lenses[*]Front bull bar[*]Body-color “Jerry” can mounted on the spare tire carrier[*]Twenty-inch wheels[*]Mickey Thompson Bear Claw 35-inch off-road tires[*]Rotora high-performance brake package[*]Fixed quarter window inserts[*]Eaton front locking differential[*]Enhanced cooling system with larger radiator[*]Modified suspension with Tenneco/Rancho four-inch lift package and Rancho reservoir shocks[*]Re-trimmed interior with brushed metal accents and trim[*]Front racing seats with five-point safety harnesses and weather-resistant seat material[*]Simpson window safety net[*]Washable rubber floor covering replaces carpeting[*]Navigation radio system[*]Off-road integrated display gauge package with compass, inclinometer, altimeter and timer[*]Auxiliary performance gauges[*]Auxiliary 20-gallon fuel tank[*]Second-row seats deleted[*]Cargo-area spare tire mount[/ul]
GM Accessories (production and concept)
[ul][*]Rocker protectors[*]Underbody shield[*]Side-window weather deflector[*]Roadside assistance package[*]First-aid kit[*]Hitch receiver cover[*]Body-color grille[/ul]

[IMG]local://upfiles/466/76224B50491346C69D142E1088ACA459.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/466/61E0B9D285714E0BABE3652024F07B47.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-30-2007, 08:02 AM
Default RE: H3R Concept from SEMA

like the rear bumper with the integrated exhaust ports...sweet!!
the thing that's funny is that it'sadvertised as an h3 off-road and has 20" rims...what a joke[:'(]

Old 10-30-2007, 08:25 AM

I like it! Hood scoop too! With 505 HP, 20" wheels will work!
Rear side window is cool!

Old 10-30-2007, 08:30 AM

No spare tire? In an off road vehicle? I guess they think you'll have your support crew with you at all times... I agree the 20" wheels are a bit silly with the skinny tires. I'd rather have the thicker sidewall for flex and tire bite! But then again, I couldn't be jukin' on the boulevard without some 20's or dubs...

Oh never mind, the spare is INSIDE the truck! Definately not your daily driver.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

20" wheels w/ 35s.....that's still good sidwall. [8D] The rear exhaust IS SWEET!! Don't care for the hood, and that littlelight bar in front is almost exactly what I started making. They are copying off me telepathically, mabey my house is wired, big brother? I'll just change it, ha, got em on the run now.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:45 AM

hell no...20" wheel with a 35 will leave you with 7 1/2" sidewall...not near enough sidewall to air down low enough to do anything. In testing 4wheel mag couln't air down lower than 22 psi on a 20"rim with 35" tire before the tire unseated. plus you need more than 7" of sidewall if you want any sort of sidewall bite.....granted normal trail riding a 20 would be fine....but still doesn't fit the "off-road" look IMO.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, but if you drive this thing you don't have to air down, as soon as you get stuck a helicopter with the Sweedish Bikini team lands next to you and digs you out, or you're still stuck, and who cares at that point" Might have to spend the night and use body heat to stay warm.

I wazzzz razzzzin ya, I knew it would draw fire. I ducked and you missed. [8D] Notice the [8D]in my previous post to go with this one. [8D]

Old 10-30-2007, 09:24 AM

notice the in this post?

Old 10-30-2007, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Guy has a booger stuck on his middle finger, both hands??????? Or is that Buger..........french, boogar?

Old 10-30-2007, 10:53 AM

you are definately a strange bird

Quick Reply: H3R Concept from SEMA