PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Wipers - Functioning right?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Default H3 Wipers - Functioning right?

Ok, well here is something else I have noticed.
My rear wiper was recently clogged or something, b/c it wasn't letting any fluid onto the window. They fixed it, under warranty, but not even sure why that would happen. I haven't even topped up the Wiper Fluid yet from delivery.

On to my ?,
Regarding the front wipers... to engage them, you can either turn back for a one time wipe or forward for incremental delays.
Not knowing about the one time wipe... I was sometimes clicking forward, and then manually shutting them of right away. Now, I have noticed, when I go to do this (force of habit as I have to remember the turn back way), the wipers try, hesitate and do nothing...???? Is this right? When Iturn the leverfurther they move. If I turn back to ZERO and try again, they go first click.
Has anyone else experienced this?
I will likely ask the dealer when I go in in a few months, but wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this and give a heads up.
/Mike.

Old 02-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Default RE: H3 Wipers - Functioning right?

It happened to me!, where it will move a little bit forward and stop. Not sure how I did it.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:01 AM

Have not had that happen yet. But I also have a question/problem regarding the wipers. When pushing the washer fluid lever forward, the fluid sprays, but often the wipers do not engage. Pressing the washer fluid button again sometimes get them going, but usually I need to "hold" the washer button on, or turn the wipers on manually. On every other vehicle I have owned, when using the washer fluid button, it always turns wipers on a few strokes right away, regardless if wipers are "on".

Old 02-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

I have had both problems. The front wiper thing was happening to me, but what I did was turn the car off, turn the wiper control all the way on and off about 20 or 30 times, figuring maybe the contacts were dirty, and then tried it again. It worked fine after that. It probably had some kind of oxidation or something going on inside the contacts.

I also had the rear wiper problem only a month or two ago. The fluid spray motor wouldn't even come on. I changed the fuse, even though it didn't look like it was burned out, and that fixed the problem.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:11 AM

Had the exact same issue. Dealer traced it to the modulator attached to the wiper motor. Ordered a new wiper motor. Waiting for it to come in.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:17 PM

I had a bad wiper motor too. No spray, but the wiper, uh wiped. Dealer fixed it under warranty and it's been working fine now.

-Alan

Old 02-12-2007, 02:20 PM

gm and chev have always had crappy wiper motors i remember fixing them on alot of different chevs the only good one i have had is on my 1990 suburban so far the hummer one is good.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Mike

Ok, well here is something else I have noticed.
My rear wiper was recently clogged or something, b/c it wasn't letting any fluid onto the window. They fixed it, under warranty, but not even sure why that would happen. I haven't even topped up the Wiper Fluid yet from delivery.
My H3 just started to do the same thing last week..... dealership is 100 miles away so I will have to wait till somthing else goes wrong or next time I am in Denver.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:31 PM

I'm going to mention it to my dealer and see what they plan to do about it as well. Nice to see we're not alone though.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:19 PM

There was a recall on the washer pump. There is a new flash for the BCM (body control module) to fix the rear wiper stopping part way.

Quick Reply: H3 Wipers - Functioning right?