PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 water inside part 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 10:05 AM
Default H3 water inside part 2

Hey everyone with sunroofs check them. My driver's side rear part of the sunroof was down about 1/4" in the fully closed postioned. The water ran in there and down behind the rear door panels. The dealer had to adjust it and clean it out, he only found a few pine needles in the track. He believes that just from normal use that it got a little out of adjusment.I posted in under the new title because I didn't want to see those ladies again. Thanks HummerGUy and everyone else for having me check the sunroof.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:18 AM
Default RE: H3 water inside part 2

ORIGINAL: Trey124

Hey everyone with sunroofs check them. My driver's side rear part of the sunroof was down about 1/4" in the fully closed postioned. The water ran in there and down behind the rear door panels. The dealer had to adjust it and clean it out, he only found a few pine needles in the track. He believes that just from normal use that it got a little out of adjusment.I posted in under the new title because I didn't want to see those ladies again. Thanks HummerGUy and everyone else for having me check the sunroof.
So, I wonder who gets Mikey's left gonad? I guess Dennis!

Old 05-15-2007, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Trey. I get water slightly dripping through the rear driver's-side window when we go through the power wash car wash. I'm not sure if that's normal for the H3 though. I assume any car will leak with enough pressure. Was it really bad rain or just a minor shower?

Old 05-15-2007, 10:46 AM

Speaking of ole One Hung Low...here he is now....

I told you guys..Sunroofs suck!!

Old 05-15-2007, 11:53 AM

thats why I'll never had another sunroof...too many damn headaches!!

Old 05-15-2007, 12:03 PM

It wasn't a bad stormand my driveway is sloped so as it ran off it went right over that side of thesunroof. I would stilltell everyone to get the sunroofI like the size of it, just keep your eye on it and make sure it closes properly.

Old 05-15-2007, 01:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Trey124

Interesting observation about the alignment. I was going to post a thread about this 1 week ago when we received some torrential rains. The windowchannels were full of water and poured outall over the place, includingthe handsfree mic baffle. I thought it might have been a fluke, due tothe 30-year floods we had in the KC area. This morning when it rained... repeat performance! Off to the dealer we go! I still like sunroofs, even if I have to drive with my umbrella open!

Old 05-15-2007, 01:33 PM

...just a quick follow-up from my telephone conversation with our service department. Service manager mentioned that there are drain tubes on each channel. He thinks they're clogged. I plan to have him show me where they are located so that I can do some preventive maintenance.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:08 AM

Service manager said that my drain tubes weren't clogged, but it is a good idea to check them if you can. I'm supposed to get rain today I'll see if it is fixed. The sunroof on my driver's side is still down a little bit, passenger side is flush with roof. When you run your finger over it on the driver's side you can feel the roof just a bit, it's not flush like the other side.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:18 AM

Sunroofs Suck!!!

Quick Reply: H3 water inside part 2