PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Visibility for short drivers???

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 02:49 AM
Banned
Default H3 Visibility for short drivers???

I'm researching my next vehicle and the H3 is definitely the front runner however I've read other threads/reviews about the poor visibility and how the seats are close to the floor which consequently could make it very difficult for a shorter driver to see clearly.

I'd like to get others opinions before I go to the dealer, test drive one and have to listen to a sales pitch.

I'm 5'1 on a good day and have always owned trucks/jeeps etc and have not had a problem however, i'd prefer not to sit on a soap box just to see out my windows! Any info would be appreciated!

Old 08-16-2011, 03:24 AM

The electric seats will raise vertically, should'nt be a problem.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:54 AM

My wife is 5'2" and i just got her an H3,at first she had an issue with visibility, but it's now been about 3 weeks and she is used to it. I am 6'2" and It even took me a few days to get used to it, if you take your time and use your mirrors it really is an easy issue to get over.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:18 AM

I agree a few days you'll be good>

Old 08-16-2011, 07:26 AM

You can pick up rear view cameras for under $75. Big help!!

Old 08-16-2011, 07:35 AM

With the seat adjustments, no problem...Also you will get used to the limited visibility from the glass areas..They look small from the outside, but offer adequate vision..
A rear view camera is essential...

Old 08-16-2011, 06:21 PM

Forgot to mention we have the factory rear view camera, very cool feature... I always thought they were kind of a fufu option, but it is really useful on the h3.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:45 PM

As mentioned earlier find one with at least a power drivers seat. My wife is pushing 5'3" on a good day and she has no visibility issues what so ever with the power seat option.

Sometimes when I forget to move the seat back before I get into her T or my 3, I will get "stuck" between the steering wheel and the seat bottom.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:51 AM

Read the reviews with a grain of salt... Many are written by Tree-Hugging Hummer Haters...

You want answers, stick to the people who drive them first hand.

Just a side note.. Before I ended up with my H3 I was trying to decide between the Infinity FX45 and the H3.... I filled the FX45 with 3 kids and my woman... then we jumped into the H3.... I was so surprised that the H3 had a smoother ride and a more relaxed drive than the FX. Yeah, the FX takes the H3 on power... it had a v8... but the visibility in the FX was worse than the H3.

Last edited by ElGuapo; 08-17-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:15 AM

My sister is somewhere between 5' and 5'1". When I was in OR a few weeks ago I let her drive my T. Between the power seats (raised it up) and the back-up camera it doesn't seem to matter if you're 5' or 6', visibility is about the same. In fact, after driving it she said she wanted an H3 and was going to look into it as a replacement for her Xterra.

'Course the best option is to just go to a dealer and test drive one, sales pitch or no.

Quick Reply: H3 Visibility for short drivers???