PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 VIN mistery?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Default H3 VIN mistery?!

Hey Guys!
Im still having a huge trouble with the legalization of my H3. I need to know all the places were the vin is shown. I know it is in the windshield, in the glove compartiment, and near the drivers door, but its all in stickers. But is it anywere else? Is it carved on the car or no?! I need to know if on the h3 the vin is carved anywere? And the engine number can only be found on the sticker near the end of the engine or is it anywere else?
Thanks!

Old 01-23-2012, 01:47 PM

If i remember correctly it i stamped in the frame (under the car) on the right side.
If you have sidesteps it is close to where the middle center mount of the sidestep is.
Atleast that how it was on my -06

Old 01-23-2012, 04:47 PM

Hey! Yes but did you bought yours in europe? Because the ones who were bought in europe had that, but the americans no. And these was bought in mexico

Old 01-23-2012, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by franciscohummer
Hey! Yes but did you bought yours in europe? Because the ones who were bought in europe had that, but the americans no. And these was bought in mexico
Mine was bought in the US

Old 01-23-2012, 07:26 PM

hmmm.......

Old 01-23-2012, 08:02 PM
Default Not a usual hummer/vehicle question ...

unless something is up. whenever I have imported a vehicle somewhere the agency ie. border or inspection facility "ALREADY HAS ALL THAT INFO" on where to find all pertenant vin or related info, no need to supply it to them!

Old 01-24-2012, 04:05 AM

Wish it was like that in Portugal. They dont have that information in the inspection facility and they wont accept the vin location unless its carved on the car. But there is no vin carved on the car right?!!

Old 01-24-2012, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by franciscohummer
Wish it was like that in Portugal. They dont have that information in the inspection facility and they wont accept the vin location unless its carved on the car. But there is no vin carved on the car right?!!
Isn't it like in other EU countries where you do it yourself and stamp it into a supporting part somewhere on the passenger side in the engine bay (minimum 8 mm high)?

That is how it is in Sweden when we import cars from the US we need the stamped VIN as well and it should always be placed as I mentioned above and on trucks with a supporting chassis it should also be stamped on the chassis (my first H3 already had that when I bought it, haven't check on my second one).

The authorities here (Sweden) compare the vin to the title of the vehicle and the vin sticker in the window and do a cross check on the title with the US authorities.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:47 AM

If you can't see it plainly on the chasis, then you are right, it does not exist there. This did happen depending on year and/or apparently location of purchase.

In my European experience of legalizing my H3 ,after import from Middle East, which did not have it's chasis stamped, I was just told to go to a garage and get them to stamp it there, then come back to the vehicle inspection location.

Did that and all went fine.

Hopefully you can get it to work in Portugal. Do some web searching and you will find the proof about the lack of chasis stamp - then show that to your official there.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:43 PM

Thanks neptune, all worked well. The stickers did the job! thanks