PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Is H3 for us? You can help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 02:09 AM
Default Is H3 for us? You can help.

Hi all

My fiance and I are really interested in buying a Hummer H3. She loves the design and appearance exterior and interior of the Hummer and has always liked the boxier styles SUV.

The thing is, I keep seeing information that says H3's get 14 MPG but I see a lot of owners saying they're getting about 18 even in the city. 18 would be a little better for us.

She is pretty short, I am very tall, but we both fit just fine in the Hummer.

We both liked how the H3 drove, I tend to like how the offroad package H3 drove and she liked the basic tires a little better not appearance wise but for just a little bit more of a smoother ride since this will be our family SUV.

My fiance seemed to like how the H3 was somewhat "smaller" than the Commander inside because she is small. Maybe this is our imagination but I agree I thought it felt smaller too.

Are any of you worried about your warranty and the whole GM business in the future?

Any helpful comments or opinions really help us out.
We've tried posting a few other places but all we get is how horrible the Hummer is and we don't believe so.

Our other SUV's we're comparing it to is the HONDA PILOT, JEEP COMMANDER, TOYOTA 4 RUNNER.

We know right now we don't want a V8.

We also have a big dog but he looks like he'd fit just fine in the back of the H3.

And we also know that the Pilot and the 4 runner seem to be a bit more pricier.
Thanks all for the help.. appreciated.

Old 01-04-2009, 02:34 AM
Default RE: Is H3 for us? You can help.

ORIGINAL: JandK

Hi all

My fiance and I are really interested in buying a Hummer H3. She loves the design and appearance exterior and interior of the Hummer and has always liked the boxier styles SUV.

The thing is, I keep seeing information that says H3's get 14 MPG but I see a lot of owners saying they're getting about 18 even in the city. 18 would be a little better for us.

She is pretty short, I am very tall, but we both fit just fine in the Hummer.

We both liked how the H3 drove, I tend to like how the offroad package H3 drove and she liked the basic tires a little better not appearance wise but for just a little bit more of a smoother ride since this will be our family SUV.

My fiance seemed to like how the H3 was somewhat "smaller" than the Commander inside because she is small. Maybe this is our imagination but I agree I thought it felt smaller too.

Are any of you worried about your warranty and the whole GM business in the future?

Any helpful comments or opinions really help us out.
We've tried posting a few other places but all we get is how horrible the Hummer is and we don't believe so.

Our other SUV's we're comparing it to is the HONDA PILOT, JEEP COMMANDER, TOYOTA 4 RUNNER.

We know right now we don't want a V8.

We also have a big dog but he looks like he'd fit just fine in the back of the H3.

And we also know that the Pilot and the 4 runner seem to be a bit more pricier.
Thanks all for the help.. appreciated.
Hi!

It sounds like the H3 is just right for you. If you want a Hummer, but are worried about gas, the H3 is definately the right choice. Don't forget it is a large SUV so it's fuel economy isnt going to be as good as say a Pilot, and probably even the Commander. But that being said, I think it's pretty good with gas. I only drive it to school, but I drive 5 days a week and find myself filling up maybe once every 2 weeks.

In terms of interior size, you're right, it isn't huge (in a good way) especially compared to the H2. I've actually gotten a few comments from passengers saying it's a bit cramped in the back but it's not a big deal.

The "trunk space" is huge (and the H3 has a huge, heavy rear door) so your dog will love it back there.

Not really worried about Hummer's future. I'm hoping that GM decides to keep it but if not, I'm sure than another company will pick up the line.

I definately recommend the H3 to you! Get it! You know you want it! We have 2 jeeps and they don't compare to the Hummer at all!

Old 01-04-2009, 03:03 PM

I agree from a owner of an Expedition, Tahoe, Wrangler, and a 4Runner, The H3 5 cylinder, 5 speed has been the most fun, safest. toughest, stylish, and the most economical SUV I owned. If you are worried about mpg get the 5 speed some owners are reporting 25 mpg. My sons and I love it, no option for me my future purchases will be with Hummer. Ever lose your brakes in a 4Runner at 70-80 mph, Toyota said it was brake fade and I saw other owners experienced similar experiences. Did you ever get towed in with a 4runner and was in the shop for a week because Toyota designers placed the Security CPU under the driver's seat and the sunroof was open during a quick rain shower before I could get it closed? I did I didn't need the strike 3 for me after that, plus the gas mpg were horrible.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:16 PM

We LOVE our '08 H3. I have never owned a car/SUV?etc. that had so much character. My wife and I love the styling of it, the off-road abilities, and the size. Our gas mileage has been around 15- 15.5 mpg, mixed city/hwy. We find the 5 cy. engine perfectly satisfactory for our driving, and when we take it on the beach, there is more than enough power available, even in the deep sand.
There's presently 14,000 miles on our H3 and we haven't had a bit of trouble with it.
Did I mention we LOVE our Hummer?