PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 or Tundra????

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 08:00 AM

Have you seen the you tube videos of the Tundra's bed shaking while driving down the freeway. If you don't buy an H3 buy an F150 or Silverado.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Banned

talkin bout f150,,,check the 3.5 ,365 hp test,160000miles!!
http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/expe...110209100343:s

Old 02-10-2011, 10:03 AM

Let me try to be unbiased. I don't consider myself to be a HUMMER fanboy. I drive an H3 because after much research I decided it was the best vehicle for my niche needs - great offroad without any mods, decent to nice for driving around or long trips.

You don't plan to tow, offroad, or need a truck bed (or you wouldn't consider the H3). If you really want attention and compliments (something I don't want but I'm stuck with), get an H3. If you are looking for a DD mall-crawler suv/truck with perhaps some dirt roads thrown in, I probably wouldn't recommend either of your choices. Maybe something like a Grand Cherokee.

Ultimately though, if you don't need a truck bed and had to choose between the two I'd go H3. Maybe you should drive them both and see which one you like better?

edit: If you do decide on the H3, my suggestion would be to shop around, try to find an '07+ for the slightly larger engine, not just jump on the first one you see.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:12 PM

My dad has a brand new tundra fully loaded with all the bells and whistles. I've driven it several times and showed him how to blue-tooth in his cell and how to work several other items on it. Love the truck and much impressed with it so far. He hasn't been off pavement with it yet and doubt he will for awhile. My younger brother has a 08 tundra and loves it. He has followed me through some pretty good mudholes and rough trails with no problems. He doesn't have as much clearance as i do but has 33's on it and it looks pretty good. He has more of a need for a truck bed than I do. IF I need to haul something bigger I have a trailer. I like having more inside room. I have also used my roof rack for hauling the occasional item that won't fit inside. I keep a bundle of straps, bungee's and rachetts in my box in the back. Personally I think its still up to what your needs are but I deff feel both are decent rides that get the job done. We swapped rides for a weekend because he had several of his son's kids with him on a canoe trip and needed a little extra room. I enjoyed having his truck for the weekend but no way I would trade... I'm perfectly happy with my H3 and don't want anything else right now except maybe a H2....

Old 02-10-2011, 10:38 PM

hmm.. in my neck of the woods here when i was shopping for a truck i looked at a 05 or 06 f150 lifted already thing had some hudge tires on it and i looked at the h3 the f150 was priced at 22,000 and the h3 was priced at 19,500 2006 advn package fully loaded leather sunroof everything well come to find out i went onto the dealers website that i was at and they had a web special on my h3 for $16,500 -that sold me right there and the fact that the h3 is just a mean truck i love it so far ive driven a tundra and in my personal opionon i hated it may have more hp and all but i dont thing the tundra could do half as much as the h3 could do lol just my 2 cents