PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Is an H3 too much for a girl to handle?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Red face Is an H3 too much for a girl to handle?

Hello! I was searching around on Google today about info on Hummer's and it lead me to this site. I am going to look at an 06 H3 this evening. I currently drive an 07 charger, so this will be much different! I guess my main concern is the maintenance on one of these. I love the size and the style, but I know nothing about cars/trucks. Would this be a bad idea, or does it not require that much maintenance?

Old 10-11-2011, 05:17 PM

Well I know personally i passed on the 06 hummers for the fact the motor was sluggish with the 3.5 so i went with the 07 with the 3.7. I have had my hummer now for about 2 weeks and couldn't be happier. As far maintenance it just like any other car some have problems some don't.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Banned

you like the size huh,ok. they all have power brakes and steering,windows!! so i think you will manage. read about 06 engine troubles, head, see if it shows up on maintenance record.check it out like any used car. id go for low miles,higher $

handle?,once u drive youll be hooked,then youll learn!

Old 10-11-2011, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by countrysquirrel24
Hello! I was searching around on Google today about info on Hummer's and it lead me to this site. I am going to look at an 06 H3 this evening. I currently drive an 07 charger, so this will be much different! I guess my main concern is the maintenance on one of these. I love the size and the style, but I know nothing about cars/trucks. Would this be a bad idea, or does it not require that much maintenance?

As long asyou feel you can handle it then you can. I know plenty of women who drive massive trucks extremely well and maintain them better than men do. I also know women who are forced to drive big SUVs because their husbands think its safer. I disagree with that because they are putting everyone else in danger. A princess who is 4'11 has no business driving an Escalade on the way to a sale at century 21!

Old 10-11-2011, 07:55 PM

My wife is 5ft with heels on and she loves her H3. I have it leveled with 35" tires as well and she still loves it. You cant go wrong and like others have said - once you drive it you will be hooked. Good luck.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:34 PM

Go for it... the H3 is the very best SUV on the planet !

Old 10-11-2011, 10:13 PM

As mentioned earlier, you may want to look at an 07 and up due to the head issues and 3.5l motor in the 06s.

Size is relative. The H3 is more nimble that most SUVs in it's class and can turn on a dime to get you into a tight space. May I suggest you go ans "test drive" a few H3s and see if you like them. Drive an 06 then drive an 07-10. If you don't want/need the extra power and still love the vehicle get the 06.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Question Thank you!

Thank you All for the advice!! I went and gave it a test drive last night, and althought it looked to be in perfect shape, it had 107,000 miles. I felt like Quenn of the road driving it, and for it's size, it was a smooth ride. Still debating on what I should do now because of the Mileage...

Old 10-12-2011, 03:35 PM

Low ball them!

Old 10-12-2011, 05:13 PM

I say pass and keep looking. No offense to our '06 owners, but at this point if you are looking for an H3 you may as well get an '07+ with less miles and get the slightly more powerful engine with less chance for engine/head issues. Even better, go '08+ with under 50k miles and have a bit of bumper to bumper warranty left. IMHO, the biggest factor in going newer is having the most remaining time you can get on a 4yr/50k bumper to bumper and 5yr/100k powertrain warranty. I forget if it's just '06 or '06/'07 that had a shorter warranty, but either way an '07 is going to be out of warranty or close to it.

edit: forgot to mention two things.

You can always buy an extended warranty if it doesn't have factory warranty left.
Don't worry about maintenance or being able to handle it. Just normal maintenance like any other vehicle, and as you found on your test drive they are easy to get around in. A bit limited vision backing up, but they are really just a midsized suv with an undeserved bad reputation for outward visibility.

Last edited by skeptic; 10-12-2011 at 05:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Is an H3 too much for a girl to handle?