PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Stock Radio Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 02:28 PM

No......if you look closely at the pics I posted, you'll see a double pole, double throw toggle switch. This switches between XM and mp3. The 'band' button on your radio will be set at either XM1 or XM2 for mp3 operation.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:37 AM

I'm working with Ray over at one of the Corvette Forums on an auxiliary input mp3 jack for my '07 but he needs to know if the XM communication is pin 15 or pin 7. Do any of you guys know or have the service manual diagram I can send him?

Old 07-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Banned

back up to page 4,this thread,see if it helps.

u can download the entire svc manual for h3 for $15.

good to have in ure thumb drive,etc

ah,stereo,2 pins?

Old 07-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Default How do I find out if I have a Monsoon system or a non-Monsoon system?

Hey Folks,

I am dying to add my Pyle kicker box and 500W RMS amp to my Hummer but I don't know if I have a Monsoon system or not. How do I find out?

Does the Monsoon system have RCA outputs on the back of it?

Mike

Old 07-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Banned

short answer ,,no.
u can read hundreds of comments abt h3 audio here on forum.

just keep looking

Old 07-24-2011, 07:40 PM

SOONR1 - I have the same setup as you and would like to get this cable too. Please post what you wound up getting from Ray so I get the same thing. Thanks.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:24 AM

Hope this works click link below.. Anyway this works perfect and it wont break the bank.. I just hooked this up in less than an hour last Friday afternoon.. Works great and my satellite radio, on-star and everything still works fine. Ive had no interruption with anything..

Isimple - ISGM575 - iPod/iPhone and Auxiliary Audio Input Interface wi

Old 07-28-2011, 08:19 AM

Here is what Ray has requested from me......anyone who might have this information available without me having to locate the XM receiver would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by ray
Before I ship you an AUX-1 harness, take a look at your XM connector closely. If you want, email me a closeup photo of the wiring of the connector. Although the Corvette has the XM communication wire on Pin 15, many trucks, and perhaps your Hummer, uses Pin 7 instead. If so, the AUX-1 or AUX-2 harness will NOT work in your car unless I wire it differently. Even if you don’t use XM, the XM receiver must have communication or you will not have an XM band to choose for your aux input.

Notice I have an AUX-1 TRK harness on my Ordering Page. Until we know the wiring of your XM receiver, I can’t tell you which one to order.

Regards,

Ray

Old 07-28-2011, 08:36 AM

Save yourself the money. You don't need to buy an adapter harness. Scroll back a few posts and you'll see the one I made for about $5. Functionally it's identical to what you're looking at purchasing. You don't even need to get that fancy if you don't mind tapping into the existing harness and running your aux leads from there.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Save yourself the money. You don't need to buy an adapter harness. Scroll back a few posts and you'll see the one I made for about $5. Functionally it's identical to what you're looking at purchasing. You don't even need to get that fancy if you don't mind tapping into the existing harness and running your aux leads from there.

Ray sells these for ~$20 and to me that's well worth saving me the time and trouble of doing it myself. Not to mention his fabrications are extremely clean.

Corvette Aux Input

Quick Reply: H3 Stock Radio Question