PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Splash Guards/Mud Flaps Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Saw these on Hummer Parts and Accessories. Even though it says 'No Mudguards', they show a picture of mud guards, so they obviously DO exist. I would contact them, and ask.

http://hummerpartsclub.com/mm5/merch...de=H3_exterior
Thanks. They have them listed with splash guards as well ($414 total) and I've found similar flares listed on ebay. I might call and ask if they have just the splash guards, but the flares look a bit different from mine. I guess if it isn't too much money it might be worth trying.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Shale
Hi Guys,
It is winter now, and the road is very dirty after snow. Everytime I came home after snowy driving, the rear fenders, doors, and all handers were spotted by mud. I'm considering purchasing a set of splash guards/mud flaps for my H3. I did search and found GM OEM sets (4 in total) for about $85 (including shipping). While I have some questions. Will these things prevent splash effectively? Will these guards bring some negative effects on the driving? And, is $85 a decent price? If you have them on your H3 and can share some pics, it will be sweet. Thanks.
I have these OEM splash guards mounted. I live in a remote mountain area, lots of snow and mud. I really can't tell a difference in the amount of mud collected on the sides of my Hummer before or after installing the mud guards. I think it might be because I have the Goodrich T/A tires , but they are wider (285) than the stock tires.

In retrospect however, I would elect to get a wider "soft" rubber flap, instead of the rigid molded version, especially if you are doing any off-roading. The molded flaps can be a liability, if you rip them off, they might take the wheel well molding as well.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:03 PM

I have the Huskey mud guards on my H3. They are wider than the OEM's and stop more mud/dirt.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:24 PM

I'll finally have a chance to install the Huskys on Saturday. I'll get some pics

Old 01-21-2010, 07:52 PM

I've been debating splash guards as well. The salt spray is going to be even worse with 315's on the h3.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Astronomer
I have these OEM splash guards mounted. I live in a remote mountain area, lots of snow and mud. I really can't tell a difference in the amount of mud collected on the sides of my Hummer before or after installing the mud guards. I think it might be because I have the Goodrich T/A tires , but they are wider (285) than the stock tires.

In retrospect however, I would elect to get a wider "soft" rubber flap, instead of the rigid molded version, especially if you are doing any off-roading. The molded flaps can be a liability, if you rip them off, they might take the wheel well molding as well.
Wow, I almost placed my order until I read your post. If they are not very usedful, I might just save money for car wash.