PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Splash Guards/Mud Flaps Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Default H3 Splash Guards/Mud Flaps Questions

Hi Guys,
It is winter now, and the road is very dirty after snow. Everytime I came home after snowy driving, the rear fenders, doors, and all handers were spotted by mud. I'm considering purchasing a set of splash guards/mud flaps for my H3. I did search and found GM OEM sets (4 in total) for about $85 (including shipping). While I have some questions. Will these things prevent splash effectively? Will these guards bring some negative effects on the driving? And, is $85 a decent price? If you have them on your H3 and can share some pics, it will be sweet. Thanks.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:41 PM

They work well. Price is about right. If you do a lot of offroading they are likely to get damaged.

H3 Splash Guards/Mud Flaps Questions-2007-hummer-h3-i.jpg

Old 01-20-2010, 06:40 AM

i just bought a set of the husky molded mud guards. havent installed them yet but they look really nice. Cost about $75 shipped and they are H3 specific.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:39 AM

I put Husky on mine.. Any auto parts store has..or can order... them..no shipping charge..

Old 01-20-2010, 09:32 AM

Thanks guys. HumbleAg, Thanks for your picture. It looks much better than I thought. The splash guards I saw on those 18-wheels are really ugly.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:26 PM

They look good on the 3 IMO. As far as functionality they do their job for the most part. You will still get a lot of dirt and grime towards the back door of the truck, but it won't be as bad if you didn't have the guards. They are a worthy purchase.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:54 PM

Does anyone know if the will work on a Championship model with the fender flairs, or do the make a special guard for this model? Can the be removed easily for wheeling?

Old 01-20-2010, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by voxmandoo
Does anyone know if the will work on a Championship model with the fender flairs, or do the make a special guard for this model?

They won't, and as far as I can tell there are not any available that will. A shame, because I had them on both my '06 and '07 (pictured above) and they really help keep the sides clean.

I bought some generic molded ones on ebay, I'm going to try to put them on. Holding them up to the truck they look ok, but I have to remove the fender flares and find some fasteners to attach them to the flares. I'll post some pics if I ever get around to it.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Default OEM splash guards for sell

Originally Posted by Shale
Hi Guys,
It is winter now, and the road is very dirty after snow. Everytime I came home after snowy driving, the rear fenders, doors, and all handers were spotted by mud. I'm considering purchasing a set of splash guards/mud flaps for my H3. I did search and found GM OEM sets (4 in total) for about $85 (including shipping). While I have some questions. Will these things prevent splash effectively? Will these guards bring some negative effects on the driving? And, is $85 a decent price? If you have them on your H3 and can share some pics, it will be sweet. Thanks.
If you are interest in them. I let them go for $55 with shipping.All 4

Old 01-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by voxmandoo
Does anyone know if the will work on a Championship model with the fender flairs, or do the make a special guard for this model? Can the be removed easily for wheeling?
Saw these on Hummer Parts and Accessories. Even though it says 'No Mudguards', they show a picture of mud guards, so they obviously DO exist. I would contact them, and ask.

http://hummerpartsclub.com/mm5/merch...de=H3_exterior

'08 Birch White Alpha

Quick Reply: H3 Splash Guards/Mud Flaps Questions