PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Reliability?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Default RE: H3 Reliability?

Hey, Dennis, i try to post my avator but it says the file is too large, how do you fix that ? TIA..

I think the Avatar picture can only be 135 x 135.... Like Darth said, reduce it using a picture manager, Windows XP has one with the OS.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:22 AM

I've had mine since Dec of 05, have almost 15,000 ,iles on it and the only issues I have had were a tron CV boot, and later I grenaded that halfshaft while off road. Both times the parts and labor were covered under warranty. When the halfshaft broke, I drove it 45 miles to the dealership with the busted piece spinning around busting up more stuff. It was all covered under warranty and the dealer knew I was off roading it. I also got a free rental until mine was ready. I doubt you could beat that kind of service from any other vehicle, including Jeep.

The short story is, The warranties are great, and if you have problems with it, the biggest problem will be the added planning to take it in to the dealer if there isn't one close to you. The odds are in your favor of buying one without any problems, but if you do, you are covered by probably the best warranty in the business.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Linus Gump

I've had mine since Dec of 05, have almost 15,000 ,iles on it and the only issues I have had were a tron CV boot, and later I grenaded that halfshaft while off road. Both times the parts and labor were covered under warranty. When the halfshaft broke, I drove it 45 miles to the dealership with the busted piece spinning around busting up more stuff. It was all covered under warranty and the dealer knew I was off roading it. I also got a free rental until mine was ready. I doubt you could beat that kind of service from any other vehicle, including Jeep.

The short story is, The warranties are great, and if you have problems with it, the biggest problem will be the added planning to take it in to the dealer if there isn't one close to you. The odds are in your favor of buying one without any problems, but if you do, you are covered by probably the best warranty in the business.
What the deal on off roading and the warranty? It's an off road vehicle so wouldn't breakage be covered without a hassle??

Old 06-06-2007, 01:25 PM

We've had our 2007 H3 since late december 2007, and have around 12000 miles on it, with no troubles. If the H3 suits your needs, I would highly recommend it.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:37 PM

Picked up my '07 about 3 weeks ago with 2500 miles on the odo. It has 5500 miles on it now and I LOVE it! I bailed out of a '06 Dodge Cummins that I had a few problems with as well as getting spooked by expensive diesel upkeep. I set up my H3 with toolboxes, roof racks and a rear hitch carrier and it is working great for my job, much to the skepticism of the folks out in the oilfield. Just had the oil changed to Castrol synthetic yesterday. This baby is going to be pampered...
No problems, except for the intermittant locking problem with BOTH of the key fobs...

Old 06-06-2007, 09:45 PM

i have mine around 05 nov., runs good , no problem.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:51 PM

When I decided to purchase new vehicle, I was in love w/ the H3s, but also questioned their reliability. I narrowed down my options to a 4Runner and the H3. I knew what the 3 could do, how cool it looked, and howbadly I wanted one when they came out. I was considering the 4Runner for pretty muchreliability only. Guess what I chose? I drive by the Hummer dealership everyday to/from work and knew that I would have regret (and ***** envy) if was in a 4Runner. Don't make that mistake. If you want it, then get it.

I've never bought something major and not had at least a little buyers remorse...until I made this purchase. I love it so much, in fact, that my parentsboughtone a month later. The only issue I've had in 3 months of ownership is a steering shaft replacement, which is about to be in the works. As this problem seems like its becoming very popular, I won't be surprised if GM issues a recall (pending on your purchase, you'll probably avoid this). I can even attest to the off-roading and warranty situation. I knocked my alignment off a little while messing around and the dealer fixed it freew/out question. All in all, these things are just flat out fun!

Just wanted to share my story in hopes of convincing you to join the team. Hope it helps!

Lil D

Old 06-07-2007, 09:00 AM

Wish the wife would support me... All she keeps saying is that its so ugly. In any case I have a deal pending and a deposit on a vehicle that they are holding for me till Saturday so I can make up my decision.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Tomm

Wish the wife would support me... All she keeps saying is that its so ugly. In any case I have a deal pending and a deposit on a vehicle that they are holding for me till Saturday so I can make up my decision.
Remind her who is paying for it Tomm. Typically a vehicle plays a more important part in a man's life. The H3 makes a completely different statement than the other SUV's. Most of those are soccer Moms driving 2WD SUV for impressions only. The Hummer walks the talk. I can't imagine a Lexus or BMW even wanting to get their wheels dirty.

I promise you she will quickly learn to love it. Don't cave in just to please your wife 'cause everytime you see an H3 you will regret your choice!

Come on Guys, Tomm is teetering here. We need to push him into that H3!!!!

Old 06-07-2007, 10:55 AM

Go for it Tom...You can even sleep in the H3 if you have to...

Quick Reply: H3 Reliability?