PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Reliability?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Default RE: H3 Reliability?

I just bought one last week and also took advantage of the $1000 non GM vehicle (just have to show the title to get the discount), and got the 0% for 60 months. Got the 5 year warranty and Onstar for a year free plus roadside assistancewhich makes me feel very comfortable if anything was to go wrong.

I absolutely love it. It is truly "Like Nothing Else". This is a vehicle that you feel like you are actually driving not just moving in. Also, the kiddo likes all the attention, looks and smiles we get in it. Haven't got the bird from any of the uneducated Hummer Haters out there.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:17 PM

I've had a few minor issues all covered under warranty. Remember, the warranty on these H3s is better than almost anything else out there. 4 year/50K bumper to bumper, 5 year/100K powertrain, roadside assistance and courtesy transportation. So what if you have a few problems in the first few years? It's covered and the vehicle is great. I put 3500 miles on mine in the past ten days, bringing it to 5000 overall. I love the H3. Obviously most of that was highway but there was some city and a bunch of offroad in Moab.

So what problems have I had? Bad battery; loose wire on driver high beam lamp; bent connector on passenger turn signal (probably broken during high beam repair); squeaky, I mean really squeaky, passenger seat that makes noise with every bump. Haven't had the last one fixed yet. The Hummer dealer is only about ten miles away and they take GREAT care of me during the service visits.

And at first my mpg was lousy, like 15-16 on the highway, but then BAM, the mpg starting going up once I was in CO, climbing the mountains no less. Since then, my mpg has been 18.8-19 on the highway. That was probably due to the engine suddenly deciding it was broken in, at about 4000 miles on the odometer.

It sounds like you're leaning towards one and I bet you'll be happy. I negotiated about $3K off the deal, after I negotiated about $4K off of the dealer add-ons of $6K. GO FOR IT!

Old 06-05-2007, 08:26 PM

I have had my H3 since December 07 and think it is one of the coolest rigs to drive. The H3 is fun, sporty, rugged and grabs attention and smiles from all sorts of people. Like others have posted.... Kids seem to think the H3 is a God like vehicle (and I am just a 46 year old kid). I traded an 03 Vette for mine and dont regret it (and I loved the Vette; afterall I am a GM fan). All vehicles have issues but the Hummer dealers do their best to sort the, out, and they give you a free loaner. The H3 really is a cool rig to drive and it is very safe. I have had it in all sorts of foul weather and it gets me home safe every time. It is stout enough to drag my Harley and a trailer with no complaints from the peanut gallery (the little 5 cyl engine..... Wow I could had a V8....... and maybe I just will in 2008). So my advise, if you like the way it looks then test drive it, if you like the way it drives then buy it. You wont be sorry. Just understand in advance that it is a heavy SUV and not a rocket sports car or econo-box tree-hugger car, then you wont be dissapointed.

Cheers.........

Old 06-05-2007, 09:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Fever4Speed

I have had my H3 since December 07
[sm=insomnia.gif]..You wouldn't also happen to have a spaced out Delorean too?

Just messin with ya

Old 06-05-2007, 10:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

I anxiously await the moment..Lemme know if you need any help posting your pictures..I'm all hands.[sm=smiley9.gif]
Hey, Dennis, i try to post my avator but it says the file is too large, how do you fix that ? TIA..

Old 06-06-2007, 05:32 AM

Hey now! I bitched loudly but I have also maintained just as loudly that I LOVE my H3! It is curently in the shop again for that gosh dawged noise under the hood and a stereo replacement as the other was "bad" according to them...but it still drives great, gets decent gas mileage, looks cool and I love it! And by the way after letting my new stainless punch grill and lettering sit in the box for 3 weeks, I finally had the time to slap em on this weekend, adding just a tad of blingand I LUB IT!!! Hubby was like "why you wanna put that stuff all on it?" (He's a minimalist)- I said "because it's MY ride, I like itand I WANT TO!" He even liked it when I got done with it. [8D]

And despite the BS GM put me thru and the head replacement...if I had it to do all over again...I'D DO IT AGAIN!

Old 06-06-2007, 06:55 AM

LawWyfe
Date 6/6/2007 3:32:35 AM

Hey now! I bitched loudly but I have also maintained just as loudly that I LOVE my H3! It is curently in the shop again for that gosh dawged noise under the hood and a stereo replacement as the other was "bad" according to them...but it still drives great, gets decent gas mileage, looks cool and I love it! And by the way after letting my new stainless punch grill and lettering sit in the box for 3 weeks, I finally had the time to slap em on this weekend, adding just a tad of blingand I LUB IT!!! Hubby was like "why you wanna put that stuff all on it?" (He's a minimalist)- I said "because it's MY ride, I like itand I WANT TO!" He even liked it when I got done with it. [8D]

And despite the BS GM put me thru and the head replacement...if I had it to do all over again...I'D DO IT AGAIN!
If there ever was a testimonial to owning an H3, it couldn't have come from a better place (for those who have followed LawWyfe's odyssey). I pick mine up Friday (AT LAST it has arrived!and will post pics soon thereafter), so I don't have the experience with driving the H3 that she oreveryone else has, but I have had experience with bad businesses and would not deal with them again. I amlooking forward (actually I am climbingthe walls! lol) to experiencing the Hummer full time myself.........

Old 06-06-2007, 07:35 AM

Joe, congrats!! Good luck with it - I know you will love it and have fun with it- if you go into ownership with the right mindset. You did thesmart thing in researching and reading posts here to gleen info on it before purchasing so you should have no surprises. Again, head replacement and all..I'd do it again...my only huge gripe all along was my treatment from GM along the way. My dealers treat me well and luckily for meare fairly closeby, and I had a great buying experience. So all in all...life is good...even though I still have not received my extended warranty LOL....Get those pics up ASAP and ENJOY! (And BTW, I am not a glutton for punishment and I don't allow people <businesses> to screw me over either as a rule...However my H3 is worth some hassle!)

Old 06-06-2007, 07:36 AM

ORIGINAL: iflyswa

sorry about the double post. still trying to figure the site out. Cheers.
Yup, that was a helluva deal but you didn't have to rub it in twice!![:@]

Old 06-06-2007, 07:39 AM

ORIGINAL: MyH3hummer

ORIGINAL: Dennis

I anxiously await the moment..Lemme know if you need any help posting your pictures..I'm all hands.[sm=smiley9.gif]
Hey, Dennis, i try to post my avator but it says the file is too large, how do you fix that ? TIA..
You need to reduce it. Got a software like "Picture It"? You can crop and reduce it there.

Quick Reply: H3 Reliability?