PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Reliability?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Default H3 Reliability?

Ok, I am in the market for a new vehicle and honestly the H3 never came to mind. A friend just picked one up and it brought the H3 to my attention. I like that its still a very unique looking vehicle and after a few years you still do not see them everywhere. My son is its biggest fan but he is only 3 but he thinks its a very cool car and wants me to buy a yellow one... Dont think yellow but I am liking the black.

My biggest concern is how reliable are these H3's? Looking at the board you see many complaints but looking at any car forum its usually full of complaints as well.I would like to hear from some H3 owners whether or not they are happy with their decision to get an H3 or do they wish they never bought it?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Default RE: H3 Reliability?

i love the truck but its been in the shop 6 times...there now as we speak...

various problems all is taken care of under warranty but its really starting to be a hassle...i just think i got a lemon...

other wise i love it...

i got
White
lux pkg
fully loaded...

Old 06-04-2007, 07:49 PM

How's thatsaying go..knock on wood..so far I haven't had any problem yet.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:06 PM

I LOVE MY H3!!!So glad I made thepurchase.

Yeah, "knock on wood" is right, but almost 1 year in and over 18,000 miles and I had a little leak from the sunroof drain, but otherwise just oil changes/routine service. My brother, who also bought an H3 within a couple weeks of me, has had not one problem.

You're right that on any forum, you'll see people discussing the complaints, but generally, other than those who had to deal with the early engine head problems, everyone seems to be happy with the vehicle, even if they had an issue here or there with it.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:14 PM

I'll add knock on wood to mine as well... No problems yet love mine! I have the Victory Red Adventure model 2007 H3. I opted to go without the sunroof and leather. Kept hearing how the sunroof leaks, and it's just too darn hot in Texas for leather seats. Good luck in your search.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:59 PM

Just took my '07 in for "Stability System Service" when the warning light came on at 4,500 miles.

We'll see if anything else pops up.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Tomm

Ok, I am in the market for a new vehicle and honestly the H3 never came to mind. A friend just picked one up and it brought the H3 to my attention. I like that its still a very unique looking vehicle and after a few years you still do not see them everywhere. My son is its biggest fan but he is only 3 but he thinks its a very cool car and wants me to buy a yellow one... Dont think yellow but I am liking the black.

My biggest concern is how reliable are these H3's? Looking at the board you see many complaints but looking at any car forum its usually full of complaints as well.I would like to hear from some H3 owners whether or not they are happy with their decision to get an H3 or do they wish they never bought it?

Thanks in advance for any input.
BUY USED! You can save a lot of money. How bout a nice white one?

MY H3

Nice vehicle but we got an H2 and are selling the H3.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:30 PM

After all my break downs, new air bag system, new 4 low system, and new front differentials....I am now waiting on the head to go since my gas milege is down from 18 to 11..(first sign) ..all under warranty....I guess I would not be happy if it wasn't..I still love the H3...........came close to trading it in on a new Rubicon....But Ican't resist the nice ride both on & off road.....Stick with the H3

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...ecew9&Ux=0

Old 06-04-2007, 09:39 PM

no problems to speak of, 5900 miles on an '06 H3

Old 06-04-2007, 09:53 PM

I have had my H3 for about a year and a half and has only been to the shop to have the jack and roof trim replaced...These H3sare above par for reliability..I've owned nothing but Japanese and European cars for the last 35 years..This is the first American car I can honestly say that meets or exceeds these foreign car makes I've had...Every car made is goning to have a few clinkers squeak through..The ones you hear about are on forums like this, because people feel disappointed with their car when they're having probelms and they are gonna BITCH about it loudly (I feel for these few folks)...The people that are not having troubles are looking for ways to bling up or outfit for off roading...Get one with a warranty and forget about it..if it is a lemon, get rid of it, but don't look for wholesale criticism hereof the entire H3 model, all because of1/10 of 1 percent is a bummer and not a hummer.

Quick Reply: H3 Reliability?