PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

h3 power steering pump

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 12:26 AM
Default h3 power steering pump

Hey. Broke my power steering pump by slamin a bog hole. Is it very hard to change over?

Old 02-24-2014, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by willdoesstuff
Hey. Broke my power steering pump by slamin a bog hole. Is it very hard to change over?
"bog hole"? That appears to be a bad thing. I haven't hit a "bog hole" yet, however I will be on the lookout for 1.

PS Pump takes around an hour to replace, with the proper tools, although I still don't understand how the pump got "broke"?

Old 02-24-2014, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
"bog hole"? That appears to be a bad thing. I haven't hit a "bog hole" yet, however I will be on the lookout for 1.

PS Pump takes around an hour to replace, with the proper tools, although I still don't understand how the pump got "broke"?
"broke" = It don't gots' no moneys! Maybe it needs a job or some of that Gobn'mnt Obama money they are handing out for being lazy?

Old 02-25-2014, 03:52 AM

All good. Thanks for bein complete ********.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:06 AM
Default keepit simple

it usually is. got to the store,buy a new one,ask the guy there for info on tricks, tools needed, tubing connectors,etc. look at it.does it look like yours?!
find a warm place to work.

Last edited by happythree; 02-25-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:02 PM

Complete ******** is usually what you'll get when you tell a group of hummer enthusiasts that you took yours and 'slammed a bog hole', presumably without checking it out first....

I would have driven thru it too though

1- drain all the fluid (unless the bog hole took care of that for you)
2- remove/loosen drive belt
3- disconnect all hoses/electrical connectors from pump (being conscious of risidual fluid)
4- unbolt and remove pump.

Work backwards with the new one.

Before you go through all that though, have you looked around the front end real good? Id expect a tie rod or rod end, or perhaps something in the gearbox to break before the pump itself...

Old 02-25-2014, 05:14 PM

All good. Thanks for bein complete ********.
That's how you intend to get information? Your original post is complete gibberish.
If you drove into my shop looking for an inspection, I would inspect it and let you know how to repair it.
I can't do that over the net, with your post.

How about a little more information? Do you not have power steering assist? Is your fluid low/empty? If so, did you add fluid, and check for a leak?

If you are without power steering assist, chances are you have a leak, and you need to find the source of the leak and repair it, then refill and bleed the air out. Unless the leak is coming from the pump(highly unlikely), You don't need a pump!

The more information you provide, the better information you will get!

Also, you should check out: 25 Forum Posting Etiquette Tips - TopTenREVIEWS