PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3..poser, or serious off-road rig?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Default RE: H3..poser, or serious off-road rig?

wow...that's a strong statement....put your STOCK h3 up against ANYTHING?!?!

psst...mr troll....buy a new rubi and take that bet!!!!!!

Old 12-24-2007, 08:59 PM

just ask some one over in iraq if they whould rather a F J or a hummer for that terrain. there you will have your answer.

Old 12-24-2007, 11:00 PM

You should get a "Frame & Body Cracker" model like an FJ or Tundra if you are searching for a poser vehicle

Old 12-25-2007, 01:10 AM

not bashing hummer here, but the hummer's used in Iraq aren't a GM made hummer like our h2's and h3's...not close to the same vehicle.

Old 12-25-2007, 01:42 AM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

not bashing hummer here, but the hummer's used in Iraq aren't a GM made hummer like our h2's and h3's...not close to the same vehicle.
I agree totally
HMMWV's are made by AM General.

As for H3's being posers I have only wheeled with an H3 once so far...And I was surprised just how capable it was, but it definatelywasnt enough wheeling for me to make a good decision about their capability but did give me apositive insight on them. Nowthe H2 on the other hand I have a good friend that use to wheel hisalmost just as hard asI wheel my H1 and Iwas very surprisedand impressed on just how capable they are.

Now I know onlybeingable to wheelwith an H3 once,sounds bad... Just because I wheel alot and with many different rigs, butlet me say this I still yet to wheel with an FJ Cruiser(New Style)... so thats even worse :P

Old 12-25-2007, 04:33 AM

GM owns AM General num nuts. Oh, I guess Rod Hall Racing/Team Hummer which races allthree types proves its an incapable fourwheeler. Don't see any FJ's winning Baja 1000 stock class etc.... I can't believe all of this stupid propaganda/hateagainst Hummers. These vehicles are modeledfrom one of the most capable offroad platforms in the world other than the Kiaser Jeep. I mean think about it, the FJ wants to look like a Hummer, as well the Liberty, Land Rover (is sort of a class of its own), before the Hummer everything aspired to look like a Jeep. Even now the Japanese are trying to get into the Full size truck market to get a piece of something they never had.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:36 AM

The safety factor alone should be enough to make up your mine, not just whether or not the frames have issues which i don't think are any more apt to happen than any other vehicle. think about every day driving and being able to walk away from a crash safely.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:45 PM

ORIGINAL: TheGunnyRet

GM owns AM General num nuts. Oh, I guess Rod Hall Racing/Team Hummer which races allthree types proves its an incapable fourwheeler. Don't see any FJ's winning Baja 1000 stock class etc.... I can't believe all of this stupid propaganda/hateagainst Hummers. These vehicles are modeledfrom one of the most capable offroad platforms in the world other than the Kiaser Jeep. I mean think about it, the FJ wants to look like a Hummer, as well the Liberty, Land Rover (is sort of a class of its own), before the Hummer everything aspired to look like a Jeep. Even now the Japanese are trying to get into the Full size truck market to get a piece of something they never had.
Really? when did GM Buy AM General? I must have missed that.... I remember GM buying the rights to Hummer from AM General but dont recall GM buying AM General.... as for being modeled after the HMMWV I disagree. Now I am not putting down the H2or H3 they are capable vehicles I am just saying they are nothing like the HMMWV besides the 7 slotted grill.

Old 12-27-2007, 01:40 PM

I might have not been specific enough, the only thing modeled after the H1 to the H2 & H3 is the grill monickeras you had correctly noted.

"The Hummer H1 shares some common driveline parts with its HMMWV brethren. Items like brakes, differentials, frame and major body panels (hood, tailgate and quarter panels) are identical between the HMMWV and the Hummer H1. All Hummer H1s and HMMWVs come off the same first stage assembly line, and then are separated midway to either become a military HMMWV or a civilian H1."

"The Hummer H1 was a civilian off-road vehicle based on the M998 High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV, or Humvee), which was created by AM General. The vehicle was produced from 1992 through 2006, and was the first of what became the Hummer line."

"General Motors acquiring exclusive rights to "Hummer" brand name

Detroit -- General Motors announced today it has signed a memorandum
of understanding with AM General Corp. to explore future product,
marketing and distribution opportunities. With a final agreement GM
will acquire the ownership of the HUMMER brand name world-wide
, for
present and future opportunities. GM will assume responsibility for
marketing and distributing the HUMMER vehicles to retail and
commercial customers in 2000.

"Few brands in the last ten years have made the impact and created the
kind of focused marketing excitement as HUMMER," said Ron Zarrella,
GM North America president. "Our new agreement presents us with the
opportunity to build on this foundation in a variety of ways to reach
new customers."

GM and AM General do not anticipate any immediate changes to the
current HUMMER retail dealer arrangements. Under the proposed
agreement AM General will continue to manufacture the HUMMER at
its UAW represented plant in Mishawaka, Ind. AM General will retain
rights to market and distribute the High Mobility Multi-purpose
Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV) for military applications.

Recent business activities between GM and AM General include AM
General's purchase and licensing agreement of GM's 6.5-liter diesel
engine business. Under the recent engine agreement, AM General is
taking over production of GM's 6.5-liter diesel engine and will
manufacture the engine at a facility to be determined.

The engine business agreement also provides that AM General will
supply service engines to GM's internal parts distributor, Service
Parts Operations (SPO), for a period of ten years. In addition, AM
General began offering GMAC's popular SmartLease program on its
new 1999 HUMMER vehicles.

AM General, headquartered in South Bend, Ind., is a privately held
company owned by New York City based Renco Group, Inc. AM
General is a leader in designing and manufacturing light and medium
duty trucks for military and government use. AM General makes the
military HMMWV and civilian HUMMER models. The HUMMER has
been offered to retail and commercial customers since 1992 through a
comprehensive worldwide network of dealers."

"The program was cancelled May 12, 2006 because GM decided to withdraw technical and financial support for future engineering and recertification."

Old 12-27-2007, 01:41 PM

you are correct injun....gm bought the rights to the hummer name, not am general.

Quick Reply: H3..poser, or serious off-road rig?