PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 OWNERS in FL AND CA READ THIS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 04:09 AM
Default RE: H3 OWNERS in FL AND CA READ THIS!!!

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

ORIGINAL: Linus Gump

ORIGINAL: BlackH3CA

Im just going to buy a gas station!!
Don't do that! There is too much headache and hassle with it. Just buy a semi truck, and then you can go to the loading rack and get it at wholesale rates. I have no idea how much cheaper it is that way, but it must be somewhat cheaper because the company I work for is making enough money to stay in business and so are the gas stations I deliver to. Besides, you can store the truck with less hassle then you can the storage tanks at the gas station. One truck load is in the ball park of 11,000 gal or so, so you wouldn't have to fill up very often. And you can use the truck for other things too.

say its $2.95 a gallon, when you get a shipment in ends up costing you about $2.30 a gallon. They take the amount straight out of your bank account but overall its obviously pays out. Its usally about $14,000 dollars worth of gas to fill up the main tanks but some places are bigger than others. The only real headache is listening to people complain about how high it is even though you have nothing to do with prices.
The problem is, though, all of the major gas companies like to do the ordering for you. They dictate how much you will get and when you get it. I've delivered more diesel to stations that have a very low demand for it and listened to the owner complain because it is costing them so much to buy a product they dont sell just to have the price drop and a huge inventory left. The alternative, if you choose, is to tell the supplier that you want to do your own ordering, which they will let you, but then you are a low priority to them so if you run out while they are filling thier stations, too bad. You can complain to them, but all they will say is you should be letting them do the ordering for you. You are danmed if you do, and damned if you don't. If you are name brand dealer, you cant purchase from another supplier, and if you are a generic dealer, you can buy from whoever you want, but you may have trouble finding someone to deliver to you since all of the branded trucks are only going to deliver to their respective brands, and a lot of the common carriers are contracted to only do name brand dealers. The easiest way to solve this is to have your own truck. Which brings me back to my original point.

As far as the price you see on the sign, most places are independantly priced. That's why you can see the price change from one location to the next within the same geographic area. The gas comes from the same rack and has the same taxes on it on the East side of town as it does on the West side of town, but the individual station onwer determines the ultimate sale price. If the supplier such as Shell or Chevron were to mandate the price, including all taxes, at thier retail dealers, the price would be exactly the same throught the geographic area, just like the stuff in a grocery store or department store.

Most gas staions that move any kind of decent volume are typically sitting on about 40,000 gallons of total capcity for all products. Normally the mid grade, diesel, and premium tanks are nowhere near full, but the regular tanks can be filled every day or every other day, depending on the volume they sell. We have one chain of member only stations that get two full truck loads of regular everyday, and one full truck load of premium every week delivered to each station. These stations have a total capacity of 60,000-90,000 gal depending on loaction. They sell thier gas at a loss because they make up for it in sales inside thier main store.

Old 06-11-2006, 02:41 PM

I called my dealer about this and some guy told me they stopped it a year ago... I laughed at him and told him it was for 2006 and 2007 vehicles how the hell are they going to stop it a year ago? Anyway just wondering if anyone found any more info on this. It's not needed, but another $50-100 bucks would be better used putting more parts on the humZer then buying gas for it. eheh

Luke

Old 06-11-2006, 02:43 PM

Ok going to post for myself and you guys. Check out this site.

http://www.fuelprotection.com/gmprom...&pr=fp&lang=en

Luke

Old 06-14-2006, 02:42 AM

new york has something along these lines now