PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

The H3 and one nasty day in DC

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 03:41 AM
Default The H3 and one nasty day in DC

Anyone living in Virginia and north felt the pain from the nasty winter storm that ripped up the coast two days ago. It hit DC right before rush hour. I was running against the traffic flow going 'to' work for a night shift. It didn't matter though. All roads were at a dead stop because the majority of DC commuters drive Priuses, Civics, Bimmers, and Mercedeses. I even saw pickups having issues because this was a wet and heavy snow. The type of snow Mississippi and Bama get from time to time. You just can't drive in that stuff. Put 7 million idiots (minus a few that know what they're doing) on the road and you've got the gridlock that caused some folks to get home the next morning. The H just laughed at it.

I've often questioned my choice of an H3 for my 31 mile commute in a city like this...until this storm. With my 285 BFG TAs this thing tore through every snow pile thrown at it. And I did it sitting on warm leather listening to Shinedown on my Monsoon system and drinking coffee without spilling a drop. God I love this truck. On the way home yesterday I decided to play in the plow-truck piles in parking lots. Nobody was out at 0500, so I had the place to myself. I wish I had a camera. I honestly think I got it on a 45 degree yaw without rolling. Probably just my imagination.

oh...almost forgot the best part. Going to work during the storm, the highway cleared enough to get up to 40 or so, but had about 6 inches of slush. Passed a state trooper going about 10. I think I covered him in slush like a skiier soaking hot chicks on a lake pier. he didnt even try to pursue. I may hear about that on e later. Oh well.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:42 PM

You should see my post "I love my H3" in the H3 section. I was stuck on canal road and then 270 until I got off at 28 and went commando on the back roads...