PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 Navigation - Aux input Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Default H3 Navigation - Aux input Help!

Hi all...
I just bought a 2007 H3X with factory nav (it has the single cd...so Monsoon I think as there is a Monsoon logo on the back L side on what I believe is the sub/amp). There is a aux jack on the shift console next to the change tray but for the life of me I cant figure out how to get my ipod selected!! I have read and tried a bunch but nada. I am pretty sure it must go through the XM receiver and have tried both xm1 and xm2 with the ipod plugged in, and also plugging it in after toggling to XM. When on the XM screen(s) the tune **** only changes between Ch "1" (preview) and Ch "0" which shows radio ID. Pressing any of the category tabs only causes a scan and reverts to preview (no current subscription), and the < and > arrows only toggle ch1/0. I even tried several aux cords and several Ipods so at this point I am pretty sure its the fool and not the tool...Help! What am I doing wrong?! TY!

Old 08-05-2013, 12:12 AM

Someone may have had some kind of adaptor and removed it. When you removed the radio did you see where the aux jack was leading to? Follow that wire and tell us what you find. If it is a dead end then they removed the adaptor and used it on another vehicle.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:44 AM

I havent torn into things yet...thought I'd see if I was doing something wrong first under the assumption it was one of the common modules. I will take a look this aft and see if I can confirm whats where. Going by other the stuff they left I'm doubting they pulled anything back out. Thx..will post my dash findings

Old 08-05-2013, 10:43 AM

OK...opened her up (holy crap that front bezel is TIGHT! thumbs in power ports was not enuf-had to pop shifter cowl to push from behind) and found out whats what. I was assuming a true interface module and overlooking the possible garbage method- it was a junk FM modulator! Didnt think it even worked at first until I traced out a remote switch (by the e-brake! wth?!) which I assume is because without it power would continuously feed the amp? It does work, but sounds like sh!+ and will most definitely be coming out! You buy a maxed out, loaded to the gills H3X with navigation and all and put in a FM modulator Ipod jack? Seriously?!
Well, my next tackle was a bluetooth and backup cam module of some sort(s) ...guess I look for something with a proper aux input solution too! That whole lockpick/pac/vcim/lux/nonlux/etc scene is just a mess of info to sort through though! Any insight for my particular H3 would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Tainter

Old 08-05-2013, 11:38 PM

I have used the PAC products with great success. I have an older PAC iPod adaptor and it has been in 4 different H3/H3Ts. I bought the iSimple ISGM575 and installed it in our other H3 and like it also! Works great with the Monsoon system.

Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

Old 08-06-2013, 01:47 PM

All you need:

H3 Quick n’ Simple Auxiliary In *Back-order 9/24/13*

The "H3 Quick n' Simple Auxiliary In" is a wire that plugs in between the factory XM receiver and the wire that runs to the factory Stereo allowing you to play music off of anything with an 3.5mm headphone jack. Once properly installed, just tune your radio into XM as if you were going to listen. Then plug a male to male 3.5mm headphone jack from your phone to the "H3 Quick n' Simple Auxiliary In" and your done. Once your done listening, simply unplug the male to male 3.5mm headphone jack from the "H3 Quick n' Simple Auxiliary In" and your XM service will be restored. Quick, Simple, Inexpensive, and most importantly Clean.
The best part is that you don't need an active service with XM for this to work!
One of the key parts is on back order till 9/24/13. I will be happy to except orders, but I won't be able to ship until then.*

Old 08-20-2013, 08:29 AM

I'm not normally on this forum, but I saw a link to my website and thought to stop in. I'm the guy that makes the H3 Quick and Simple Aux Input's, so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me.